ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Attemping boosted ph1

Ph1 T
I think I've come to a decision I'm going to get the car back and just leave it in the garage and over then next few months (end of march) get a new engine in and make sure everything is perfect on the car before it can get sent back off again to scoff.

Buy a cheap diesel as my daily so I don't have to rush anything at all on the ph1.

Splitting the ph1 doesn't make sense really as even in parts I wouldn't be able to get a better car for the money.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
No no no no no

Apparently either the belt has slipped or its dropped a valve. No compression on cylinder 1

I literally feel like crying put every spare penny I had into this aswell so looks like it will be getting trailered back and stripped. Unless by a miracle it's a cheap fix not a chance of that though

You've spent all your money yet still have a wanted thread for a yellow ph1 and a cheap banger..... :S

The mind boggles.

Ph1 T
The only money I had left was to pay scoff for the mapping ect so obviously now this has happened that work won't be going ahead and if i used that to pay him to fix it I'd still be left with an unfinished car.

where I can use the little I have left to try and get a cheap shitty run around and just put the ph1 in the garage over next few month until I have the funds to get it back to him and finish the car off.

The sunflower thread was started as I was consider stripping and selling the ph1 and just getting a standard one.

Ph1 T
I very much doubt will be cheaper than I can get a good replacement engine for dan (£350)

It's the labour that will cost with the reapair.. Will find full extent of damage later

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Im going to throw something out here. I will lend you five hundered quid if thats any help. Seems a shame its gone this far.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Get this one back running and when you get a flower swap it all and have a boosted flower barge :-D

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Nope you get it sorted Dan, you've had quite a bit of bad luck on this car. Bit don't let it beat you :) I really want to see it at the 'Big Chester Meet' in march!

Ph1 T
I guess this is kind of good news. There is no damage whatsoever to the valves or anything inside the head!

The bore had loads of dirt and junk in it as thought it had somehow been sat in the manifold and sucked in and it had got trapped between the valves and seats causing no compression. Scoff also found a rubber O ring sat on the piston!!

6AE46474-27F9-46B1-9CD7-8906A5D433E3-5373-000002641A3D0BD1.jpg

004BEED0-47FA-429C-8352-3EB0D229AEBD-5373-000002641AC974F9.jpg

At first he said he wasnt going to bother with the other head i had and was going to clean that one up and re cut the valves..

Now hes decided that he would like to use the new head as on of the threads for the plugs is pretty s**t from when it blew one at the ring and doesnt have much hope staying in with all the extra pressure thats going to be running through once boosted.

So ive got to get my other head off my spare engine which im struggling to do as i dont have the locking tools send it him and hes going to fit that head obviously this has added a fair few £££ on the job but i just want it done now

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
it could've been a lot worse Dan. stay positive about it all. don't let it beat you

Ph1 T
Yep and i rememeber a while ago had fuel leaking out of the injector closest to gearbox end now im not sure if there was an o ring on it when replaced, by the looks of it there wont have been as its there!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It's a pain getting the pulleys undone if you don't have the locking tools or a bloody good impact gun.

As the cams are worth pennies anyway just weld some bar into the timing end of them if you are in a rush. Sounds horrific bodge but all it will kill is some cams you don't care about and aren't worth anything.

Ph1 T
True and i dont need the cams i suppose been talking to swede cup and he told me i am able to get the cover off without taking the pulleys of also

Ph2 172 cup & 320d
Got a forged bottom end forsale soon if you were interested? Wossner rods, wossner pistons, acl bearings, arp mains & head stud conversion = High boost :p

172 cup, Impreza P1
Got a forged bottom end forsale soon if you were interested? Wossner rods, wossner pistons, acl bearings, arp mains & head stud conversion = High boost :p

Great spec and block (one of my old ones). If I had the spare readies I'd go for this.

Gez, shame you had to sell up before making use of this!

Ph2 172 cup & 320d
All parts brand new except block, its just back from engine shop. Can be supplied with ph1 head, all new gaskets, tbelt kit etc just depends on what you need. Pm me if interested as im sure we could do a deal

Ph2 172 cup & 320d
Great spec and block (one of my old ones). If I had the spare readies I'd go for this.

Gez, shame you had to sell up before making use of this!

Yeah not the best but still got a few toys to play with, just other priorities at the moment unfortunattly. Would have been perfect for yours to go with the gt2860rs you bought from me ;)

172 cup, Impreza P1
If you don't take the pulleys off before taking the cam cover off you won't get the pulleys off at all so best taking them off.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Yeah not the best but still got a few toys to play with, just other priorities at the moment unfortunattly. Would have been perfect for yours to go with the gt2860rs you bought from me ;)

I know mate. Would have went nicely but funds won't allow just now.

Dan, would be perfect for high boost and reliability.

Ph2 172 cup & 320d
I know mate. Would have went nicely but funds won't allow just now.

Dan, would be perfect for high boost and reliability.
could have done a deal with the P1 lol. Ive been looking at them as i miss my old one. Problem is the 320d daily driver would have to go and the mrs also drive the P1 eekk!!

172 cup, Impreza P1
could have done a deal with the P1 lol. Ive been looking at them as i miss my old one. Problem is the 320d daily driver would have to go and the mrs also drive the P1 eekk!!

Sorry for the hijack Dan!

The P1 is a keeper unfortunately but letting my mrs drive mine would have my ass making buttons every time she went out in it! Lol