ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AST's rear damper top nut.

Hello, so I'm having problems finding a nut for the top of the rear damper.

This has been measured at m9x1.0 which is a standard nut that is sold in the UK it seems.

Cann anyone share some light at where i can get them from? AST direct?
Thanks.

Can you confirm its m9x1.0? you have ASTs no?

Or am i barking up the wrong tree and its an imperial measurement.

Oh are you saying they're the same size as renault fitment?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Can you confirm its m9x1.0? you have ASTs no?

Or am i barking up the wrong tree and its an imperial measurement.

Oh are you saying they're the same size as renault fitment?
Yeah they're m9x1 mate.

Yes the oe rear dampers are also m9x1. Why the f**k they decided that was the way forward I'll never know. A bit like using m7 bolts on the sump. Dicks.

Yeah they're m9x1 mate.

Yes the oe rear dampers are also m9x1. Why the f**k they decided that was the way forward I'll never know. A bit like using m7 bolts on the sump. Dicks.

Well ok good thats one thing!

i'll see if I've got some old Renault dampers, as i tried the nuts off some aftermarket eBay adjustable dampers that came with my car and they dont fit on the ASTs.

You must be Ants mate.

He was telling me a friend of his was having nut issues.

What you'll also find, if using the powerflex bush kit, is that the standard rear nut is too tall. Meaning the nyloc doesn't get breached.

Having this issue with mine, so trying to find a shorter M9x1.0 nyloc nut myself

You must be Ants mate.

He was telling me a friend of his was having nut issues.

What you'll also find, if using the powerflex bush kit, is that the standard rear nut is too tall. Meaning the nyloc doesn't get breached.

Having this issue with mine, so trying to find a shorter M9x1.0 nyloc nut myself

Haha a lot of people seem to be having problems with their nuts...

and yes mate I was with him last night, yeah he showed me a few photos of your set up!

or we can pester him and get him to make us some like he's got ;)

annnd yeah according to above renault ones will fit, so if that's the case you get them made thinner or get the bush turned down abit.