ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Assembling Lower Gearbox Mount, Confused.

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
So i've been working on a Clio 172 project and have come to mount the gearbox to the engine. I have put all bolts in all around gearbox at 30nm and have come to attach the lower gearbox mount. I have 3 small bolts and 1 long bolt which I left with the lower mount when I took it off, about 2 months ago so have forgotten how it was assembled, and can't figure out if I have mixed up the bolts or am just being a little bit scared of cracking the gearbox but I can't see which hole the long bolt goes in. see pictures below.

The Lower Mount with 2 of the small bolts on the front and the final small bolt on the flex mount.
IMAG0300.jpg

I have 3 of the small bolts(pictures on the left below), they all have washers , and one of the bigger bolts which doesn't have a washer.
IMAG0301.jpg

Below is how far the bolt will go in each hole before it seems like it doesn't want to turn anymore.

IMAG0302.jpg

Also I have this bracket which I can't remember where it goes?
IMG-20150731-WA0005.jpg

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
just put a pick in all of the threads and the bolt is bigger then all of the bolt holes so looks like i've misplaced the bolt. still don't know what that black bracket is though.

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
:)

I've just put the engine in today and found the biggest bolt for the lower gearbox mount goes in the top hole after you put the power steering pipe around gearbox there's a bracket on the pipe that you put over the bolt hole and the big bolt fits perfectly.No idea what the black bracket is for though.