ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

As the rules are clear on the sales but ebay is a free for all

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  A special one.
yes but its also about folk not taking the piss.
But it doesn't matter, someone will be willing to pay the asking price or not.

If no one does then the seller will either keep it or reduce the price to suit.

What's the big deal?

Reactions: DrR

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
35   0   0
  VW Golf GTD
Annoys me when people complain about high asking prices, no one is forcing you to buy it and it’s not a necessity, so stop moaning.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's only silly if you can't afford it.
Bingo .

Everyone has what they think is reasonable and its where their personal standards are set , some people think riding around on a carbon bycicle they paid 10k for is stupid , and i hear that alot in the cycling brigade , but if thats what it costs to have what you want you either pay it , or buy something cheaper .

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  2003 Clio 172
Isnt this about the going price for one from the original run anyways?

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Ex 182 owner
Sounds like someone’s pissed off because he sold his wheel too cheap.

lol not at all..they were £155 brand new (and I believe that was up form the £140 they used to be) at the time then £80 was more than fair for a well used wheel that came on with the car.
I'm interested as I always thought this was a fans place where folk looked out for one another. I'm a member on similar forums in various rules regarding this sort of thing about commenting on sale threads. Most of the time, especially bikes its a newbie coming along thinking they're going to get £xxx for a bike that worth 1/4 of that's value. They are usually set straight.

I totally get that none has to buy it. I'm just surprised that the community is happier to defend items with this kind of mark up.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf
lol not at all..they were £155 brand new (and I believe that was up form the £140 they used to be) at the time then £80 was more than fair for a well used wheel that came on with the car.
I'm interested as I always thought this was a fans place where folk looked out for one another. I'm a member on similar forums in various rules regarding this sort of thing about commenting on sale threads. Most of the time, especially bikes its a newbie coming along thinking they're going to get £xxx for a bike that worth 1/4 of that's value. They are usually set straight.
I totally get that none has to buy it. I'm just surprised that the community is happier to defend items with this kind of mark up.
It's just banter mate, but at the end of day anything is worth whatever someone is prepared to pay for it.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I’m surprised that the community is happier to defend items with this kind of mark up.

This sounds like a “people don’t agree with me, so I’ll throw a backhander at them” sort of reply.

Look at the Clio V6, wasn’t that in the 20’s new but now they’re £40-50k for a nice example?

Your nans crockery set that was bought for a shilling is now £1000?

You know why that is? Because they’re not available off the shelf anymore and that naturally occurs a premium.

If you have the extra time to go on the hunt to find things to be offended by then I envy you.

It’s a perfectly reasonable cost. Would I pay that? No. I don’t want the wheel enough to warrant paying the premium, just like I don’t want a V6 or a crockery set enough to warrant paying a premium. Are you surprised I’m “defending his mark up”? Oh well.

“Red arrow guy” is a prime example of ripping people off and worth getting offended over. You could argue that that’s the price he wants which is totally valid but he does it by deception claiming it’s something it isn’t and charging 2/3x the cost.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
AFAIK you'd inflate the price to something crazy if you were running out of stock on a recurring listing that had 100s/1000s of previous sales to stop the last few being sold and the listing ending (as you then lose the history).