ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

arrrg scratched and scuffed

172 ph2
Just my luck isn't it.... Last night I ordered loads of stuff from i4detailing to give the car a proper going over tomorrow. Got the rest of the week off work so I thought it would be the ideal opportunity to clean it like I never have before.

Got home from work to realise some tw*t has done this to my car in the car park

scratch2.JPG

I'm far too incompetent to try and sort it myself, has anyone got a rough estimatation of how much it might cost to get it sorted out ? I've cleaned all of the paint that was left on it and that is the aftermath... There is a few other scuffs just out of the picture too :| I'm so annoyed I didn't see it while I was still there.

I normally park right down the end of the carpark so there is no chance of this happening, but seen as it was my last day before holidays I wanted a quick getaway...

White Sti Hatch
You catch your nail on it if you run it over the scratches mate ?? if so its a trip to the sprayers or a smart repair

172 ph2
aye it need painting for sure :( There is a bit on top part of wheel arch just outside the picture where it's taken it right down to the metal.

I would post a better picture with the new camera I was planning to buy today, except the money is going to have to go on repairing it ! Going to make some enquries tomorrow.

Decided to have a go with the purple haze I bought from i4detailing today anyway. It gave quite a nice result but then every time I walked round that side of the car it ruined my efforts

I'd guessed at about £100-150 ? stuck all my euro 2008 betting fund on sweden to win last night which left me with £150 profit which I have withdrawn to pay for it... bit of karma I guess.

PH1 172 Sport
Someone did this to mine when I first got the car. Ive touched it in with some touch up paint for the time being. You can only tell its been done close up now. Am hoping to get it sorted when I finish my placement in a few months. Some people just really cant drive nor give a damn about other peoples cars

Clio MK2 (1.2)
if its through to the plastic then itl be a respray probably looking around the 100-150 mark

bit much that aint it, mines in the bodyshop now fitting 2 bumpers preping both, side strips, and do the front wings all for 450 (inc spraying obvious)

BMW E46 330i Touring
Problem is that because it's not near any suage lines, it'll need probably most of the bumper spraying to get the colour all matched. As said, might be worth seeing what chipsaway can do with it. It probably won't be as good a job, but a fair bit cheaper.

172 ph2
Maybe I should see this as an opportunity to get the stone chips on front bumper sorted then !

cambelt is being done tomorrow though so it's going to be an expensive week.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Problem is that because it's not near any suage lines, it'll need probably most of the bumper spraying to get the colour all matched. As said, might be worth seeing what chipsaway can do with it. It probably won't be as good a job, but a fair bit cheaper.

Have to disagree there, they completely covered all the grooves and scratches on the n/s corner and blended it with the rest of the bumper. Pearlescent paint aswell and you cannot tell anythings been done to it.

106 GTi
Sounds like you have a decent chips away guy in your area - all the ones round here are shite - my old 205 GTi was worse after they had painted it !

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, as above! The Chipsaway guy I used before was 'okay', but it was stil obvious that it had been painted.

if its through to the plastic then itl be a respray probably looking around the 100-150 mark

bit much that aint it, mines in the bodyshop now fitting 2 bumpers preping both, side strips, and do the front wings all for 450 (inc spraying obvious)

Well if you look at it like this your going to get an inital charge for one panel of say 100ish (100 - 150 for big places) depending on where you go but the more panels you get done may cost an extra 50 pound as they will already have the paint and the equipment out etc so makes it easier.

172 ph2
Had it done, unsure as to cost as I had some other work done at the same time and didn't get the bill broke down. Wasn't anywhere near £100 though.

scratchfix.JPG

Will do me :)