ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arghghghg I hate my car

Ph2 Flamer
Had the car in the garage today to get the stupidly tight locking wheel nuts taken off the rears with some special tool to allow me to (for the first time ever take the rear wheels off) change the rear pads. Passenger side no bother, followed the really helpfull guide on here. Second side, wheel off and i can see the disc has a massive split in it, ok fair enough new rear discs i think. I'll change the pads anyway now I'm past half way.

Taking the bottom bolt on the carrier off and its really stiff, but loosens as I go. Whack the pads out and check the new ones go in nicely etc. Pop the carrier back on and the bottom bolt is just spinning round and round and not tightening. Look at the bolt, nothing wrong there, look inside and the bloody threads all mangled. So either it was cross threaded by whoever had the car before or the locking fluid was so solid it partially stripped the thread on the way out. So I've had to put it all back together and just tighten the top bolt really f**king tight and have left the bottom hole empty as the bolt will just fall out at speed and bang around inside my wheel and probably ping out and kill someone.

I'm assuming the only solution is a new rear hub assembly? How much of a pig is it to fit one? Or is there some way of re threading the carrier bolt hole...?

CursedTitanium 182FF
Unsure on re threading, but I wouldn't leave the bolt out. Put it back in coated in silicon or something to keep it in for the interim.