ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Argh! My 200 f***** by the wind!

Feel for you Mark. Almost did the exact same thing in my 225. Ridiculous position for the grab handle so close to the hinge.

Bit of string attached to the door and headrest.

Double bonus that it won't be able to fly open and it'll make you feel like you've got a cage as it's mega awkward to get in.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed:

car_photo_307874_25.jpg

The lower spec level Non-RS models have them too. Main problem you'd run into swapping them over is there would be nowhere for the electric mirror button to go.

WTF, proper hardcore Cup, no radio!?

Got to be a way of working that recesss in somehow. A project here for Rentech Mike I think.

Bit of string attached to the door and headrest.

Double bonus that it won't be able to fly open and it'll make you feel like you've got a cage as it's mega awkward to get in.

FLOL.

Had the thought when looking at it last night that a strategically placed lump of wood, followed by a few enthusiastic closes of the door might see it bend back.

Hmmm. *might*

That's something I'd be wary of doing to mine. Let alone a brand new car.

Do you have a bodyshop type place that's local? Pop round and see what they say. Your wood idea might work. It's only going to take a few mm at one pivet point to put the whole thing out.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm. *might*

That's something I'd be wary of doing to mine. Let alone a brand new car.

Do you have a bodyshop type place that's local? Pop round and see what they say. Your wood idea might work. It's only going to take a few mm at one pivet point to put the whole thing out.

A friend makes his living buying Cat C/D repairables and fixing them up so this sort of thing is his bread and butter.

Going to see him tonight to see what he thinks. Then Rentech on Saturday to see if any magic can be worked. Failing that, it's bodyshop/insurance possibility :(