ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

are you mad??

phase 2 172
some kid just turned 18 with no no claims just bought my mates 172 and this is the mad bit to insure it hes is paying................. 8 fuckin grand!!!!!! 700 hundred quid a month!!!! Now is this not just totally crazy/stupid?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Meh. Who cares ? At least he's paying.

My motto since about 2003: Don't help stupid people.

As it appears the guy has more money than sense... chances are high that this will end in a ditch/bus stop on its roof shortly.

*waits patiently for thread*

Arctic Blue 182ff
Oh my. Oh well, hopefully he won't bin it and it will help to balance the books a bit :) do you think it would upset him if I told him I pay less than 2 weeks of his insurance bill, for an entire year? :D

PH1 172
i bet most of that is down to his postcode... my mate who lives on the outskirts of bradford got a quote for over a grand more by using his BD post code than he did his uni post code..

Looking back I am glad I had to drive about in a cr*ppy 1.none when I was 18. It definitely limits the damage you can do should something go wrong (but certainly doesn't prevent it, mowing someone down at 50 is the same regardless of car) ....

At the time I would have given a lot for a faster car. But I can't believe someone would pay 8k to insure one though!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Say he is loaded and has 100k income
He pays 8% of his cash on insurance
Say hes not loaded and has 10k income
8% of that income would be £800 which is what the average people on here pay....
I know the point is that its a clio and hes spending that much but maybe he really wanted a clio aposed to a 20k etc car, what 8 thousand pounds means to one person can mean something different to another
Either that or he's just a f**king idiot!

Arctic Blue 182ff
The irony is, there are quicker cars that are as cheap/cheaper to insure than the clio - I don't think he's thought it through particularly well..

2004 182FF
Think of it this way, for example.

His dads in property, sells a couple of houses off to secure something, it makes him £600k.

What difference does £8k make?

It's unfathomable how much money some people have to jus blow on s**t.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
What would be laughed at the most though? Rich boy drivin round town in the 11 plate merc or the lad whos parents are loaded but still just wanted to drive a 2.0 clio?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Okay, so he's throwing £8k down the toilet in 12 months. To insure a car he loves.

How is that different to someone buying a high spec Clio 200/Meggy 250 and losing £8k in depreciation in the first 12 months ...

Just a thought.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I hope you told him to sign up here.

I'll be gutted if I can't read how this ends.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
If he were loaded he probably wouldn't buy a shitbox french hatchback.

Probably lives with his mum and dad free of charge and has nothing else to spend his money on.

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Okay, so he's throwing £8k down the toilet in 12 months. To insure a car he loves.

How is that different to someone buying a high spec Clio 200/Meggy 250 and losing £8k in depreciation in the first 12 months ...

Just a thought.
Interesting point well made. I guess it's a similar scenario, although personally I couldn't bring myself to spend so much on insurance since the overall money loss:money spent ratio would be much worse for the guy who's spent the £8k on insurance!

phase 2 172
its not a lie the kid is on a grand a month but has nowt else to pay for and he payed 1400 for the car

A grand a month isn't much though. He will most probably be spending 95% of his wages on fuel and insurance.

Lol if he has a girlfriend.

its not a lie the kid is on a grand a month but has nowt else to pay for and he payed 1400 for the car

He won't have that car for long then, he will be fucked when tax and mot come up.

It is stupid but fair play why not. Who knows what tomorrow could bring.

Listerine & Poledo
Did you tell him to get registered on CS?

Just so we can see the inevitable thread history

"hello" -> "check out my nu rimz & shizzle" -> "Car upside down on roundabout island, not my fault! lolz"