ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are these half cages any good or just for show guys?

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
Evening people!

Just come across this cage on eBay item no, 220948656576

Im in the middle of stripping a 172 I've just bought for a track toy sand want to know if this would actually give the some support or just for show?

Thanks Paul

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It looks ok in the pics, goes to the correct supports as the usual half cages. A few things concern me though,

I've never seen one before, is it home made? If not who manufactures them? and that would do nothing protecting you if you were t-boned on a track day. If you're building a track car, fit a proper cage.

IMO of course.

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
Yep I know what you mean bud,

Ive asked what the make is but had no reply as of yet there's also this one 320847637797

The first one comes sort in three pieces couple of pics of the item,

37992c0b.jpg

1c3da7df.jpg

a901b46b.jpg

Im not going over kill on this car as I want to keep the mods on the Evo coming so trying to save where I can, ofcourse if it
dosnt get the thumbs up I'll get a half cage or something from tweeks

Paul

Clio.
Looks home made! I wouldn't put that in any car, tubes are bent badly and have buckled, also the tube ends are flattened....absolutely no use at all.

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
Thanks mate I'll take your advice and steer clear,

Any thoughts on the 2nd one? Looks a betterr build,

Paul

Listerine & Poledo
Just pour the money into the Evo instead.

or, if you simply must spend spend spend, just pour it all straight into a fire