ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are these coilovers a bargain?? Or just cheap rubbish??

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
IIRC its the MK1s with a torsion bar.

Also in the description it says the front strut spacing is for 52mm... You'll either have 54mm or 60mm. Also they're not coilovers, just shortened struts.

Racing Blue 182
Ah OK, and I have the cup pack as well on my 182 so I think that changes things again! So they're not that good then haha! I don't know anything really and they just looked like they might do something! Thanks heez!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
having a cup pack on your 182 means getting cheap coilovers will be almost impossible!! iirc you need 60mm bolt spacing!!

Renault clio 04
i had a look at this guy aswell, you can pm him and you can ask for different bolt spacings etc, have a try at that.

Racing Blue 182
OK thanks! Do these look like they would be alright?! Don't really know what I'm looking for, more interested in the aethetics of lowering rather than the cornering capabilities!

Thanks for all your inputs!

Racing Blue 182
Yeah thats a shout! I am also in the position that I don't know enough about the car and the parts needed! So I would need 60mm front strut spacing? What would people recommend for me to do for cheap ish?!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If you just want lows, get VMaxx

If you want something decent then have a look at AST/H&R stuff but it'll cost obviously. You could even look at the trophy setup, dampers needing a refurb are going for peanuts these days, set of sportlines and rear konis, probably still going to come in at H&R prices inc the refurb though and no lows.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I think vmaxx is the cheapest option for 182 cup coilovers, I personally found the car handles better before fitting the coilovers but it gives the lows you want.

If you're on a tight budget you're probably best sticking with springs.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I have some cup-pack Vmaxx in stock. Can also do the Spax coilovers on the 25% off offer

Racing Blue 182
I have some cup-pack Vmaxx in stock. Can also do the Spax coilovers on the 25% off offer
Awesome, but they are probably ridiculously expensive aren't they (not saying your expensive just they are in general haha!) I think its gonna be a save up jobby!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Vmaxx are £410, Spax are £599.99 and £674.99 (2 different types of rears) with offer discount

Racing Blue 182
Are these things on OP an alright/good substitute for coilovers or something? Don't really know what's the difference!!! :/

Any help would be appreciated as I am considering buying them but am struggling as they at obviously not very popular for a reason!?

Thanks!

Racing Blue 182
Yeah I know but he said that he can do different bolt spacings. I Spose, but that means they are still like £130 which is a lot cheaper than coilovers! What's the difference?

Racing Blue 182
Probably not haha. I am more about the aesthetics of them rather than the performance.