ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are there any Oracle10g/2003 experts in da house?

Hello!

Gosh, it's been ages since I've posted here and I come out with a question like this!

Anyway, I've got an idea at work but I don't have the knowledge yet to understand or suggest it so I thought I would run past hopefully people with more know how..

We have a large DB running on 2003 as per standard. However, we often have to move portions of the DB to another DB then back again, very time consuming and often induces errors.

My thinking is this.

Have the Primary and Backup as normal.

Have another, for example 4 other servers connected to the DB and replicating so when the DB has to 'move' it is simply a case of un-plugging and off you go.

Is the above scenario even possible and if so would it have a severe impact on NW performance?

Apologies if I havn't made myself very clear, I'm trying to speak in generic terms without giving too much away!

Steve