ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are iphones from apple unlocked?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Can anyone cofirm if your iphone is from apple direct that it is unlovked to any network?

I paid the £120 a while back as mine had broke and was out of warranty, the original was from o2 but am i correct in thinking the replacement i got from the apple store will be unlocked?

Thanks

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No, it carries the same profile as the previous phone.

You need to get it unlocked through o2.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
No, it carries the same profile as the previous phone.

You need to get it unlocked through o2.

Wallocks, really!? i always asumed they were just unlocked to any network!! any idea how i go about getting it unlocked then?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
On a similar topic. If I wanted my iPhone bought from apple replaced because its faulty what's the best way to go about this if going to the shop is a bit of a pain?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Ones you buy from apple are unlocked.

I did buy it techniacaly, although it was to replace my old one that was broke, i still paid £120 for a handset. So they will of gave me one specificaly for o2 sims? got a three sim that should be delivered tomorow and wanted to get it all sorted while im off work

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just put the three sim in, you'll soon find out if its unlocked.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
soon find out tomorow. If it does need to be unlocked, is it an easy process do you know?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks guys,

did the above, just comes up as iphone4. Doesnt mention anything about network anywhere.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
yes, second one doesnt do anything? just says the following are available in your area and mentions being able to go in store etc, no mention of network anywhere

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Doesn't matter its probably locked regardless. Fill in the form on o2 site.

Audi S1
It must have changed. You used to be able to put your serial or IMEI in and it told you what networks your phone could be used on.

Audi S1
It used to tick the carriers of which it was unlocked to. I used it a few times, but it's changed. No idea why!

Clio 172
Guy in 3 and Vodafone told me soon as you put a sim in, it locks to that network. They are unlocked before you put one in. Don't know if they are right though.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
It appears to be locked as it wont pick up the new three sim card, have filled in the form with o2 and it says they will text me in the next 14 days with what i need to do.

anyone know what the next step is with getting it unlocked and if it's a long process.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You need to sync it with iTunes when you get conformation back from o2, then it's unlocked.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
What a hassle, i dont even have itunes as my craptop is broke. If you just put the three sim card in will it not pick it up? If no, and it must be syncd with itunes, would i still put the three sim card in and then plug it in to sync with itunes? ( that being if i can get a laptop with itunes on to use, arghh)

thanks for the advixe btw, appreciate it.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Honestly it's so simple, I did it on my 3GS, was as easy as posting this thread.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Just done it, all working now.Bye O2.

sent the online form to transfer my number also, hopefully that wont take to long.