ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are 172 and 182 throttle bodies the same?

Clio 182
My 182 is in the garage at the minute and they suspect the throttle body, have found someone breaking a 172 locally. Are these the same unit?

Clio 182
My emissions were way out of spec, it's in an auto electrics shop and they said that the lamdas are gone and they couldn't recalibrate the throttle - said if it isn't the throttle body it's likely to be an ecu issue, just praying that's not the case

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Lambda's could faulty, these do like to eat them for some reason.

Why do they need to 'recalibrate' the throttle?

dan's cast offs.
Just reset adaptions, if they can't do that then I wouldn't trust them to the their own shoe laces.

A duff lambda is most likely the cause of the emission issues. Not sure what the throttle body's got to do with it, but I bet it's fine. Take it somewhere else, they sound like numpties

Clio 182
Sorry guys, I've missed out some key information here. Before I took the car for mot I had been getting fluctuating revs at idle, jumping between 1 and 2k and sometimes steadily increasing until I found a gear/cut the ignition. It was intermittent but seemed to have ironed itself out, it wasn't until the emissions tested badly I thought it might have had something to do with it. At the time I thought it might have been the throttle body or a vacuum leak, but I didn't investigate any further and as I say, they're having trouble programming the throttle now. Don't know if that clears anything up

Clio 182
I did actually take the throttle body off to see if it was gunked up - it wasn't but don't suppose that would rule out an electronic fault

Clio 182
Blue, it's in lochgelly. I actually changed the rear lambda not long ago, chaps in the garage said they can't get a reading off it though. Was eurocarparts I got it from so shouldn't have a problem returning it anyway - cheers for the link

PH2 172
Blue, it's in lochgelly. I actually changed the rear lambda not long ago, chaps in the garage said they can't get a reading off it though. Was eurocarparts I got it from so shouldn't have a problem returning it anyway - cheers for the link

Shame, I was looking for a Flamer.

Euro`s returns policy is a farce,

I`ve heard of dealers throwing the old unit back in the box when they have completed the job, and then sending it back for a credit.

You probably got one of those.

Clio 182
It did clear my code when I put it in but in fairness it was only the code for the heater circuit.

Are those lambdas you linked definitely genuine? That seems an awfully good price

PH2 172
It did clear my code when I put it in but in fairness it was only the code for the heater circuit.

Are those lambdas you linked definitely genuine? That seems an awfully good price

There is a code for the heater circuit?

The 12v supply (green wires) is shared with the injectors, fuel pump & coil pack from relay J.

Bosch of all people would down on any fakes like a ton of bricks.

Think mine came in blue box`s, but hey ho.

PH2 172
I ordered mine on Sunday 16/09/18 and they arrived by DPD from Germany at a total cost of £80.88 (Paypal) on Monday 24/09/18.

Email updates on progress were 100% excellent.

Clio 182
Thanks for the info bud, pretty sure the one i got from eurocarparts was in a blue box too! Yep, definitely is a code for the heater circuit, not that im terribly knowledgeable on the subject but I'm fairly sure it's independent of the sensor circuit code.

Funnily enough that guy had a flamer in his garage he was doing some work on for his mate, not sure that it's for sale though

Clio 182
They seem to be quite well reviewed, not much urgency though Itd have to be said. Have had the car a week now and only got back to me today

Clio 182
Dropped off the throttle body today, wasn't expecting me to have it so quickly and says it might be monday until they get round to it ?

Apparently they were using clip to calibrate the throttle, but it wouldn't stay on and is revving itself again

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Dropped off the throttle body today, wasn't expecting me to have it so quickly and says it might be monday until they get round to it ?

Apparently they were using clip to calibrate the throttle, but it wouldn't stay on and is revving itself again

As bloke says, they don't need to calibrate it.

Just plug and play.

If it's revving by itself, the problem is elsewhere.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Spray some EZ start or something around the area you're inspecting for leaks, if the revs pick up it's obviously drawing in air from there.
Have they sorted out the obvious lambda faults before pissing around with the throttle body (that probably was never broken)

Clio 182
Spray some EZ start or something around the area you're inspecting for leaks, if the revs pick up it's obviously drawing in air from there.
Have they sorted out the obvious lambda faults before pissing around with the throttle body (that probably was never broken)

It's over-revving if anything, his thoughts were I better make sure I can sort the throttle cheaply before I go spending money on more lambdas.

PH2 172
Relatively, did replace the gasket. Whats the best way to check for a leak?

Did you replace the egg shaped "O" ring at the same time?

Attachments

• 18-09-09 New inlet O ring.jpg
    18-09-09 New inlet O ring.jpg
    786.8 KB · Views: 107
  dan's cast offs.

Best of luck to them!!! Get it to someone who knows what they are doing. If they've got clip all the data they need is there.

Clio 182
Best of luck to them!!! Get it to someone who knows what they are doing. If they've got clip all the data they need is there.

Looks like it'll be monday now before they get back to me - if they come back saying that the throttle body hasn't sorted it and they suspect an ecu issue, would you advise taking it elsewhere, and if so, do you know anywhere local to myself that has a good rep?

PH2 172
Definitely not, no. Is that at the throttle body?

No, between the top and bottom inlets

If you changed the gasket, it may have fallen out.

By the way, is there an orange light with a squiggly line illuminated in the centre of the instrument assembly?

Attachments

• Manifold upper inlet 182.jpg
    Manifold upper inlet 182.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 60