ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

are 172 and 182 driveshaft the same?

ph1-172
i know the hub spacing is different and the track is slightly wider? but are the driveshafts different?

bought a 182 manifold and the guy sent me a spare driveshaft FOC for taking so long with postage.

cheers

ph1-172
darn! i've managed to chuf the thread one on of them so thought i'd saved myself from having to re-tap the thread.
oh well cheers chaps

172 cup, Impreza P1
Anyone know if any driveshaft with a centre bearing will fit a 172 cup and if so which one?

172 cup, Impreza P1
Driveshaft gaiter hits my oil return to sump connection and I think the centre bearing shafts would clear it.

172 cup, Impreza P1
cup packed 182. You'll need the carrier though

Is there any difference between a cup packed FF 182 and a 182 cup?

Been offered a shaft with the carrier and it looks like it will do the job of clearing my oil return to the sump but not sure if there is any difference in length or anything else that stops it fitting straight on my 172 cup hubs.

Any help to confirm appreciated!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
cup and cup packed are the same. I've done that exact conversion on a big power build. It's still working 100% over 3 years later to my knowledge

172 cup, Impreza P1
Thanks again Danny!

Just one more question, what about a non cup 182, do they use the same shaft and would they fit?

I think the shaft might be from a non cup 182.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
yes different length (have i typed that enought times yet?)

you need cup packed to achieve what you want. NOTHING else will work. End