ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arctic blue rescue thread!

Clio 182
Well hello everyone!.. Here's my first renault, picked up this arctic blue 182 high mileage (126k) part service history.. But apart from that absolutely amazing cars to drive little poket rockets but now onto whats bad about it noisy dephaser, needing brakes and tyres, exhaust leaking, EML on blah blah blah so on etc! Story so far, deep cleanse on the interior, filled a hoover right up with dog hair, took the steam cleaner to the inch thick of mud.. Took the wind deflectors off, serviced (coolant, brake fluid, oil and all filters) brakes all round, took those god awful mudflaps off and a pair of proxes R31 on the back also NSF wheel bearing!
Next plans are sort he hazy headlights, blue bonnet, coilys and timing belt.. Updates to come soon!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  Clio 182
Well hello everyone!.. Here's my first renault, picked up this arctic blue 182 high mileage (126k) part service history.. But apart from that absolutely amazing cars to drive little poket rockets but now onto whats bad about it noisy dephaser, needing brakes and tyres, exhaust leaking, EML on blah blah blah so on etc! Story so far, deep cleanse on the interior, filled a hoover right up with dog hair, took the steam cleaner to the inch thick of mud.. Took the wind deflectors off, serviced (coolant, brake fluid, oil and all filters) brakes all round, took those god awful mudflaps off and a pair of proxes R31 on the back also NSF wheel bearing!
Next plans are sort he hazy headlights, blue bonnet, coilys and timing belt.. Updates to come soon!
View attachment 137934 View attachment 137936
View attachment 137934
Got the toyosports cat back fitted! Happy with that sounds good but not too loud, got the wheel alight done at work also drives far better, was looking through the books it had a belt done at 97k no dephaser though that sucks...

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
A respray of the bumpers is not the end of the world,hope you enjoy the car.

Clio 182
Well its been a good Saturday! Headlights done, car machine polished came up great! Delighted with it, next on the list is belt and dephaser then get the bonnet painted :car::hearteyes:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Clio 182
A few updates! Got the blue bonnet on, looks mint now, also scored myself a dirt cheap set of oz f1! New bumper and a fabia splitter also timing belt, dephaser and waterpump due to be done next weekend.

Clio 182
Wheels and tyres check
Belts and dephaser check
Splitter check
4 wheel alignment check
Having a blastw ith this little machine, next plans are a set of buckets, ktr coilover kit and solid top mounts!..

1.2 & Artic 182
Bonnet looks so much better mate. I just bought myself an Artic 182 also and it needs the belts done. Other than that its sound (72k)

Clio 182
Bonnet looks so much better mate. I just bought myself an Artic 182 also and it needs the belts done. Other than that its sound (72k)
Surprised how easy the belts etc were to do! Aux belt tensioner was a bit of a fiddle and getting the lower cover out but once the tools were in place it was easy, mine was well overdue at 128k

Clio 182
image.jpeg

Minor bits an bobs for now, got my battery cover on but for now building the funds for more goodies but ordered this lot so awaiting it all to arrive, also a new engine cover (will be hydrodipped along with dash trims and various other bits in the weeks to come) and a new coolant expantion bottle, and also snapped a wheel stud!
image.png

Clio 182
Engine bay starting to look sweet!.. Still waiting on an engine cover in the post, some sellers seem to think the highlands of scotland is some sort of foreign country and charge crazy amounts for postage and it takes ages to come! But hey ho, hopefully santa will bring me some ktec goodies

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 90
  Clio 182
Another small update for the weekend! Fitted some 172 cup headlights, ditched the xenons kept blowing bulbs and at £45 a pop wasn't happy so got a mint set local and fitted decent bulbs to them, osram nightbreakers what a difference on the road at night plus it looks far better
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Also got rid of the acoustic valve and fed some ducting up to the cda
image.jpeg

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks:up::beers:Quite possibly! I've seen the car about yeah it was quite a nippy thing iirc but think he's banned just now:tearsofjoy:

I've been driving since march but I'm not in inverness anymore, through in Aberdeen now :)

Good work on the clio, looks good!

Clio 182
I've been driving since march but I'm not in inverness anymore, through in Aberdeen now :smile:

Good work on the clio, looks good!
Ahh right! I did wonder, remember seeing the old 172 cutting about it was a fair machine :up:
Cheers its costing a fortune but im loving it:car:

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Haha what other cars have you had? ive got another 172 cup now. boost next year hopefully

Aye theyre great fun for the money, ive spent a fair bit on this one too sorting little issues but itll be worth it in the end I hope

Clio 182
Was a corsa w**ker for a while but this is my first decent powered car only been on the road 8 months odd!... Remember seeing you pushing a corsa c turbo up the drumossie was a good laugh poor guy couldn't believe it 😂😂

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Btw, don't get ktec coilovers whatever you do. They're shite!

I bought new shocks from Renault and some Eibach springs and took the ktec coilovers off my car, 1 million times better!

Clio 182
Yeahh It was his, Macrae and Dick Ford, transit mechanic! ahh right cheers for the heads up, heard very mixed things about them

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Hah my c**t of a Ex works in there, apparently shes an accountant.

Ap coilovers I had on my first 172 were alright for road use and they wernt too expensive.

Clio 182
image.jpeg

New shicks came today! And eibach pro 40mm rear springs and 60mm fronts, Also a track rod end as the NSF has a bit of play in it, took the car a 900 mile round trip this weekend never missed a beat and she ticked ober the 130k mark too! Looking pretty dirty at the motorway services, also pretty surprised about the fuel economy returned 41mpg
image.jpg

Clio 182
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Another small progress update! Fitted the shocks and springs what a difference, the ones on it were seized solid! Any wonder it was a hard bumpy ride, also snapped a wheel nut in the hub flange, one too many ugg duggad on the gun (oops) so fitted a full set of wheel nuts all round with 17mm head compared to the 19s as as standard, also means i can get a socket in there easily without it getting close to the wheels! Came home to find the postman had delivered my engine cover also top ebay find for £20 sweet

Clio 182
image.jpeg

Proper ebaichs on now the last set were definitely not for a clio .. But anyway what a difference!... Few plans in the pipeline for the new year, I know there was a few problems with the SM tuning inlets but did anyone actually get good results with one?

Clio 182
Not much happening recent, got her through an MOT! Just.. But got a cup spoiler attatched to a tailgate for an absolute steal! Got that fitted up and had a go at machine buffing the whole car, looking far better, also first good day of the year took a run up to skye, looking forward too the nicer months loads of places to see!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Clio 182
Got myself a scenic MK1 shifter, made a start modifying the shaft, removed un needed lugs
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Will be getting a stiff shift and nylon gear knob, saving on the brass bushes too a local machinists is making a set up for me! Also seeing about getting a shaft made up they have taken a few mesurements and are going to try knock something up also Been having a bit of gearbox trouble as of late so also picked up a box from 172 cup that is on the ever extending list of things to do... Rear bumper is in the post somewhere, nightmare had with rentec to post to the highlands..! Would definitely not use them again probably the worst customer service ever ✊

Adios for the tume being!