ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

April Photography Competition Voting Thread

And the winner is...

Votes: 6 7.8%

Votes: 3 3.9%

Votes: 4 5.2%

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 3 3.9%

Votes: 2 2.6%

Votes: 22 28.6%

Votes: 5 6.5%

Votes: 29 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  330Ci (Fail)Sport
Revels I completely see your point. There are much better photos but for me it fitted the theme best.

I feel a tad foolish having voted for 10, you're correct in a way that it should be about the best picture that fits the theme (I assume best in terms of quality, skill and camera knowhow?) but for me number 10 unfortunately did fit the theme best. The others, with exception of number 6, didn't really make the most of theme for me. It is unfortunate that a "funny" picture is joint leading, but I don't think any of the others justify beating it on the grounds that, although there a few that are exceptional shots, they just didn't meet the theme well if at all.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Tbh...this was a bit of a vague theme, which hasn't helped this situation.

Maybe more thought should go into the themes, so that they encourage creativity, originality etc.

This is part of the 'problem'. Dan mentioned to me that the bokeh/dof theme got a massive response, and he's right it did as there's so much you can do with it.

Shame on you Scott, shame on you ;)

In all seriousness, I think it is clear everyone had a tough month. Just look at the lack of entries. None of them particular convey the "shadow" theme very well, if at all!

2.2 bar shed.
Maybe more thought should go into the themes, so that they encourage creativity, originality etc.

This.

223405_10150576302365405_509225404_18218980_3393462_n.jpg

Is what I should of submitted... But tbh I still dont know if it comforms to the theme. Photography like any 'art' form is totally subjective. One persons opinion is going to differ massively from anothers.

The theme didn't help but that's not really an excuse for the lack of effort.

If next months theme is 'Blue' do I instantly win if I take a picture of a blue bit of paper?

Exactly. Some of the past themes have been really good, it just takes care to pick a theme that prevent someone entering with any photo they like.

Themes like,

Panning
Water
Bokeh
Reflection

They're just a few off the top of my head that could create some great photos, and people could enter some 'generic' photos, but someone who really thinks about it can enter a great photo.

The theme didn't help but that's not really an excuse for the lack of effort.

If next months theme is 'Blue' do I instantly win if I take a picture of a blue bit of paper?

No, but at least Scott's shot had SOME degree of effort put into it, rather than "oh, here's a picture of my car, it's got some shadow under it so I think I'll enter that".

It all comes down to the theme. Like you mention, with the 'blue' theme, you would expect lots of photos of the sky, OR anything blue. I'm struggling to think of a way of being different with that theme atm.

Clio
It all comes down to the theme. Like you mention, with the 'blue' theme, you would expect lots of photos of the sky, OR anything blue. I'm struggling to think of a way of being different with that theme atm.

A sad emotional person feeling down;)