ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Applying Brakes and using indicator causes disco

2002 Clio Sport 172
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the Clio Sport scene however I have been warned about the electrics on Renaults not being the best. So when I'm driving and apply the brakes or use my indicators the foglamp symbol appears and I have got out of the car to check and all the rear lights are having a little boogie, I'm sure this is a common fault? and just looking for some guidence in what I can do to get it sorted!

Thanks in advance

Joe :)

1.2 Extreme
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the Clio Sport scene however I have been warned about the electrics on Renaults not being the best. So when I'm driving and apply the brakes or use my indicators the foglamp symbol appears and I have got out of the car to check and all the rear lights are having a little boogie, I'm sure this is a common fault? and just looking for some guidence in what I can do to get it sorted!

Thanks in advance

Joe :)
Take the light cluster out, take the connector out of the light unit. Rub the connections with some sandpaper and get them nice and clean, then spray some penetrative spray in there. If it still does it, remove the earth, clean it up and put it back on if the problem is still there. Take the earth off again, rub a bit of the chassis and create a new earth for it, drill a hole just on the wheel arch area, screw a self tapper into the hole with the earth cable obviously between the screw and the chassis.

hope this helps!

While you've got it in bits make sure you haven't got some incorrect bulbs fitted, for example twin filament bulbs in single filament holders, you can get all sorts of funky s**t going on!