ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple replacing my computer but what do I do?

I've been having issues with my MBP for a while now and have just managed to persuade Apple to swap it for a new one instead of repairing it all the time. I have got a separate hard drive so I will get all the data, photo's etc onto that but what should I do with Office, Parallels and Windows 7 that I have loaded on as I doubt it will let me install them on the new computer and I don't want to have to buy them again. Has anyone had to do this before or know how I can sort it?

Thanks in advance
James

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Get them to swap it over. There will be nothing wrong with the drive*.

Last edited:
I hadn't thought of that thanks :) they are going to courier the new one to me and then take the old one back so I'm not sure how they could do that though. The nearest Apple store is either Manchester or Sheffield so they just said they will courier it and save me the few hours of driving. I will ring the helpful lady and see what she suggests :)

Thanks

Helpful Apple lady just called me and I explained so she asked if I can take it Sheffield and they will sort it all out for me. While it's a pain to have to drive there then it's better than a broken pc! I'm very impressed with their customer services if only more companies were like this :) Hopefully it will all be sorted

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Helpful Apple lady just called me and I explained so she asked if I can take it Sheffield and they will sort it all out for me. While it's a pain to have to drive there then it's better than a broken pc! I'm very impressed with their customer services if only more companies were like this :) Hopefully it will all be sorted

I would ask them to swap your broken pc for a mac whilst you are there too