ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple iPhone Warranty

ITB BG 182
My iPhones warranty runs out at the end of January and I am thinking of sending it back to them as the 3.5mm audio jack and also the loud speaker has decided to die on me and not work at all.

Has anyone sent anything back to Apple for warranty work? If so, how long did they take to return it?

Clio 172
Hey? So I can walk in and they'll just give me a new one?

As dan said, book a genius appointment (not always needed, but anytime iv gone iv needed one), tell them what's wrong, if its intermittent tell them that. They will run tests on it, and will swap it for a new one with 3 months warranty.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
What if you still have 9 months warranty n your phone? Does the new one only come with 3 still?

Clio 172
What if you still have 9 months warranty n your phone? Does the new one only come with 3 still?

That's the problem my mates having, he bought a 5 last month and its having lock button problems, but if the 3 month thing is true, it could be useless.

Don't take what I'm saying for gospel, this is what they said to my mate when he took his broken 4 in last year.

ITB BG 182
I would imagine that you still get the reminder of the warranty as its just a replacement unit for one that was faulty in the first place.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Yep.

They will take a look at it and just give you a brand new one :)

My speaker went quite on my old 4s and they swapped it there and then, Apple are great when it comes to warranty.

Also, they are usually refurbished, not new. :)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Book a genius appointment so you're guaranteed to see someone if it's busy.

I've only ever has mine replaced out of warranty and so only had 90 day warranty on the replacement phone. Always wondered what they did for long existing warranty claims.

I got told by the genius that they melt the old phone components down and use this to make the replacement phones! I just nodded along as she wrote off the £140 bill lol

Clio 172
I've only ever has mine replaced out of warranty and so only had 90 day warranty on the replacement phone.

Ahh now you say that, I think my mates was out of warranty, hence the 90 days!!

I stand corrected!