ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple geeks - halp!

I bought a first gen Macbook air second hand (from here, incidentally) and in what I thought was perfect condition a month or so back.

These past few days however, its taken a fair while to boot up and today it won't do it at all - constantly switching between the white apple & blue loading screens.

I've had a look in verbose mode, and it comes up with a disk0s2: I/0 error, over and over and over and over again. Now this, according to the internets means that the harddrive is on its way out. Already. Fantastic.

Thing I want to know is, how can I actually boot into my mac as normal so I can backup everything thats on it.

I've tried PRAM mode, Safe mode, /fsck -fy - all don't seem to do anything.

HALP!
:(

I was under the impression that the HD was just dying. But not dead yet.

I'm probably wrong tough.

FML.

Last edited:
Yeah probably will do to be honest, I was going to get another hd and a hd enclosure for the naffed one to try and retrieve the gubbins off it. Turns out I'd be paying out £200ish on something I only recently bought second hand.

I assume apple won't rape me too hard..

Fuuuuuuuuuu

I thought I'd sorted this. Got a like-for-like replacement hd, and snow leopard and all went fine and dandy. It was back to normal. HOWEVER, I now cannot boot into osx, like before, but this time I'm getting flashing apple logo, folder + question mark, and diagonal no entry sign flashing when I attempt to boot. I can boot from the SL install disc, but when I go to disk utility I'm told that the disk needs repairing, then that it cannot be repaired and that I must essentially backup and start over.

Balls.

I'm considering just using it as a doorstop and wasting more money on a ChromeBook as I like the idea of them tbh.

Last edited:
  A red missile
Your in Manchester mate, get your self to the genius bar in the Trafford Centre, they sorted out my iPad in seconds when it wouldn't update and threw a spazzy.

I want one of those black polo neck jobs they wear now as well.