ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple event - 9th September

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Looking forwards to thins one, purely to see what the iPPro is all about. One thing I do predict, the usual rubbish streaming

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
iPad for me. Will help me decide whether or not to upgrade to the Pro, or just go to an Air 2 (from a 4).

Hopefully iOS 9 might be better than the buggy 8.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
I'd like to say that if the 6S plus isn't a major upgrade from my 6 Plus, then I wont upgrade.

However, despite this, I know for a fact, the likelihood is that I will probably upgrade regardless, selling my 6 plus for the cost of my o2 refresh cost to a girl in the office. meh.

Listerine & Poledo
Given this iPhone5 is starting to get a bit shoddy on battery, I guess I'll go and get a 6 the second that these are unveiled. Seeing as they'll immediately drop in price as the sycophants all desperately queue and pre-order the....new one

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yeah, the wife is in need of an upgrade from her S3 Mini so may get her a 6S or even a 6 if it's just Force Touch and a bit of speed. I don't believe i'l be upgrading from my 6 this time (Famous last words).

Won't be upgrading the 6. Happy with my phone for the first time in my Apple life. I'll be buying another 6 to keep in warranty and selling the old 6 to whoever wants it (friends, OH etc).

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
As sad as it is, I've been excited about this all month. Because it's contract renewal time for me lol.

I like the idea of the new Apple TV too.

I wonder if the 6s will be any better than the 6, or whether it'll be menial changes.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Same. This will be the first iPhone I've not upgraded on launch day for over 5 years.

6 will be fine for another year. Especially as i got a brand new one for free from Apple last week. Perfect timing.

Last year was the first year I didn't upgrade my iPhone. I wish I had.

I've had nothing but problems with it out of warranty. Blue screen, battery states full, then dies, restarting ra

Where can we watch the live stream then? On my Mac ?
It's on the first link. Just visit the link at 6pm.

Live streaming uses Apple’s HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) technology. HLS requires an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with Safari on iOS 7.0 or later, a Mac with Safari 6.0.5 or later on OS X v10.8.5 or later, or a PC with Microsoft Edge on Windows 10. Streaming via Apple TV requires a second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 6.2 or later.

New iPad Pro.

12.9".
5.6 million pixels (higher res than a MBP with retina).
GFX faster than 90% of desktop PCs.
10 hour battery life.
4 speaker audio (each corner).
6.9mm thin.
1.57lb weight.
Split screening.

Accessories:
New keyboard. Similar to Surface Pro (it's a cover, and also forms a keyboard).
Apple pencil. Incredible. Allows you to draw with precision.

Software:
Microsoft Office now available on iPad (not clear if only on PadPro or iOS 9).
Adobe Photoshop Fix. Allows editing of photos.
Adobe Comp.

Release date November.

32GB WiFi: $799
128GB WiFi: $949
128GB Cellular: $1079

Pencil: $99
Keyboard: $169

Apple TV up next!!!

Looks awesome. About time an AppStore was included.

Interface looks really slick.

Remote has a touch interface. Built in siri.

In the demo Netflix was on the home screen, no other apps mentioned though?!

Last edited:
  CBR1000RR Fireblade
Anything on the new phone yet? I'm at work so can't watch the feed / stream.

It's nearly upgrade time

Apple TV.

64bit chip.
Bluetooth remote with lightning connector.

32GB: $149
64GB: $199

Out late October.

52466185b3ece960edf552b902a224a8.jpg

3698725af743c45b77bd7cb9cecaff35.jpg

8980c63070cd83689d3f177e3dc7959b.jpg

Last edited:

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Anything on if my battery will last more than 4 hours? Upgrade due on my 5s and I badly need a new f*cking phone. Hate android so i'll no doubt be ordering this anyway.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Years ago this would have been at 500 pages before the event even started.

The ipad looks incredible, so many businesses have just ordered one of those, especially with stylus and all the windoes style programmes you can add.

Camera wise I take with a pinch of salt, my phone (Note4) can embarrass my Brother's 6, especially in lower light. It'll be good no doubt.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Live photos looks really cool. Probably useless but cool none the less.

Excited for the new Apple TV to. Touch gestures look really good on that

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The touch thing I can see leading to a bit of frustration. Not the easiest thing to do easing your touch when using your phone, sometimes you'll press harder than others surely?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just reading the posts, it's funny that no matter how s**t the old phone becomes you buy another anyway. I love the 6, it's a stunning piece of tech, space age stuff, but apart from the hardware and camera it just did the same as my 5 did, kinda put me off.