ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple employee's, what's your ASTO score?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I've worked for an Apple Premium Reseller for nearly 3 years and only just been told about ASTO (Apple Sales Training Online). Started it yesterday and currently in my 3rd hour of doing the courses and almost on 3rd level (Apple Product Professional).

Anyone else doing/done this?

(I'm bored and wanted to talk about it lol)

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Nope. Wish Apple would employ me though. Went into their shop the other day and the people working there seemed to know nothing about the technical parts of the Macbooks

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I've been into competitors shops and just the same thing. Just want to jump in there and say "well, actually..." lol. I work on the web though, not a salesmen.

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Ahh right. Wish the course was open to the public, see if the general public can beat the sales team ;)

133, 182, Kangoo 182
It's too easy.. You get between 100 and 400 points per quiz (as they call it) and also depends on how many answers you get right obivously, but it gives you PDF's and stuff first with all the answers you just have to read it.

I went from 0 to 9300+ in about 4 hours which gives me Apple Product Professional lol. Apparently I will have a certificate through the post and a free MobileMe account (designed for demo use to customers but it's a full account for freeee lol).

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Ahh so its designed like those online courses you cant really fail unless you answer the questions straight away and ignore the content you get given

Haha, free stuff is the best!

Rusty Cup
i do Asto, quick note although if u've just started you cant do it this year. To get ASP Apple Sales Professional you need to pace urself n do 2500 or 3000 points every other month i think.

the point of Asto is to keep resellers n apple employees upto a certain level of basic knowledge but for the resellers it also effects the margin on apple equipment. we have recently gained another 2% off cost :D

also getting to APP means apple send you a pin badge although ive noticed this seems to be alot less frequent than it used to be, ive had 4 of them i think now havent got a 2009 one yet tho :(

have you guys got ur store copy of the new final cut and logic yet !! :D ive been playin around with it today.

Rusty Cup
DSC00564-1.jpg

also have you done the selling mobile me asto yet and got ur free mobile me :D ive had it free for 4 years now woo, you need to answer 75% of it right and have over 2000 points then they email a code to you for a free year !!

i do Asto, quick note although if u've just started you cant do it this year. To get ASP Apple Sales Professional you need to pace urself n do 2500 or 3000 points every other month i think.

the point of Asto is to keep resellers n apple employees upto a certain level of basic knowledge but for the resellers it also effects the margin on apple equipment. we have recently gained another 2% off cost :D

also getting to APP means apple send you a pin badge although ive noticed this seems to be alot less frequent than it used to be, ive had 4 of them i think now havent got a 2009 one yet tho :(

have you guys got ur store copy of the new final cut and logic yet !! :D ive been playin around with it today.

Any difference from the last Final Cut?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
It's 4000 points and 80%.. I'm 530 points from ASP now but I stupidly only got 73% on Selling MobileMe course :(

Rusty Cup
It's 4000 points and 80%.. I'm 530 points from ASP now but I stupidly only got 73% on Selling MobileMe course :(

getting to 16,000 points in a month wont make you make ASP bud, you can only become an ASP in the last quarter.

Going back too how much you can expect to earn, we have individual targets of 4k profit a month to which we will take 10% last year i made 7.5k ontop of my basic. I wouldnt be a fan of a group target as i make good money because im a good salesman. Our engineering team work on that basis and in one respect it makes for a nicer working environment but it benefits the weakest link the most which im not a fan of.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
getting to 16,000 points in a month wont make you make ASP bud, you can only become an ASP in the last quarter.

Going back too how much you can expect to earn, we have individual targets of 4k profit a month to which we will take 10% last year i made 7.5k ontop of my basic. I wouldnt be a fan of a group target as i make good money because im a good salesman. Our engineering team work on that basis and in one respect it makes for a nicer working environment but it benefits the weakest link the most which im not a fan of.

Uhm, as of 30 minutes ago...
Welcome, ______. You currently have 16,020 points. You have reached the highest level in this enrollment period. Congratulations!

do you know you can win a macbook if you get the highest ASTO score in europe !!
Have you seen the top scores. Good luck trying to get that lol.

Rusty Cup
Uhm, as of 30 minutes ago...
Welcome, ______. You currently have 16,020 points. You have reached the highest level in this enrollment period. Congratulations!

Which APP :D

I know you'd be lucky to get 20,000 points, people at the top have been awarded points for doing other activities/challenges dont ask me how tho :S

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Highest is ASP (Apple Sales Professional).

You can get points by attending events but not sure how you get invited. Got my free MobileMe today :)