ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple Easypay

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
Has anyone used this yet?

I bought something from the apple store today and the guy was telling me about it, all you need is the apple appstore app, when you go into a apple store your phone will connect to their wifi and you can now buy stuff by opening your app, scanning the item you want, selecting purchase and it uses your card that is connected to your iTunes account. If you want a bag then ask, if not then just walk on out with your purchase!!

Very handy as my local store is usually very busy with no free staff!

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
It's a pretty pain-free process TBH, both for us, and for the customer. Once everyone knows about it, it will be a great way for people to shop on their terms.

Iceberg Clio 172
how will apple stop the (inevitable) thieving type that will try to walk out claiming that they have paid using easypay?

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I like the sound of that!

How long before something similar is adopted by other stores, I wonder?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
They've had it in the states for ages, used it twice. Feels like you are stealing stuff.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
how will apple stop the (inevitable) thieving type that will try to walk out claiming that they have paid using easypay?

We get notified of every transaction thats taking place in the store, we can see who has paid, and which transactions failed. Pretty straight forward really, and in the US, they have reported no increase in theft.

I used this today for the first time in Leeds, buying my third 30pin to Lightning adapter.

I don't have a CC/DC assigned to my iTunes account, only gift vouchers. I buy mine from eBay (saving ~20%), so the accessories work out cheaper now I can buy in store using my iTunes credit.

Brilliant.

I did ask if it was possible to buy a MPA using this (could save money that way), but I was told no. Shame.

FF Clio 182
Used in recently. feels so strange to just walk out without actually talking to anybody. good idea but great possibility for the inevitable...

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
I was in tesco in bangor the other day and they have a scanner you can walk round with to scan your items as u pack walking round and just pay at the end. Saves so much time. I suppose this is the same thing but with you mobile.

I was in tesco in bangor the other day and they have a scanner you can walk round with to scan your items as u pack walking round and just pay at the end. Saves so much time. I suppose this is the same thing but with you mobile.

Waitrose have been doing this for years. There's a rack of scanners on the wall as you walk in.