ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple 0% financing....

You sure? you are by law ment to sign these things (i think)
i sent my forms off today special delivery, ill phone them tomorrow to make sure they process it!

I signed, just signed online. One of them things where you tick the box to complete signature.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
You can sign online if you are a Barclays or Barclays rather current or past customer... As they have ur info on file already

Fiesta ST3
all mine was completed online no physical signing of any paper work and i have never banked with barclays?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Have you had a Barclays loan or a Barclays partner loan or insurance or agreement before....

Audi S1
I forgot how much I used my MacBook Pro. Since getting my retina I have to say it is amazing. I prefer it over the iMac, probably because it's portable.

So happy with my bargin.

'14 Touareg, '14 GTi
I placed an order for an iMac 21.5" last week. Instantly approved by Barclays and nothing printed or physically posted to progress my order. Was going to buy it outright but its a no brainer. Think it was £1811 all in

Seat Leon Cupra 290
Just ordered a MBP and a ipad mini which my bro will have on this offer. Been accepted but stupidly it will be sent as one package so im going to have to wait 2 weeks for my MBP now!! Is there anyway of changing this as to spend that sum of money and have to wait is a bit much beacuse of one item surely?

Never above 25mpg
Just ordered a MBP and a ipad mini which my bro will have on this offer. Been accepted but stupidly it will be sent as one package so im going to have to wait 2 weeks for my MBP now!! Is there anyway of changing this as to spend that sum of money and have to wait is a bit much beacuse of one item surely?

See if you can cancel the order and reorder the things seperately? Otherwise the ipad mini will have to be paid outright (presuming you have the 16gb on order) as it's under the £400 threshold.

Otherwise, sit tight!

Just a base spec 21". It's more than enough to cater for my needs.
Screen seems massive. I dunno whether I would have been able to cope with a 27" sat on my desk LOL.

Just got to make sure that everything has transferred over from the MacBook, then ill be whacking that up for sale.

EDIT: I f**king love the Magic Mouse.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
My Dads been approved on the non interest free one over 24 months, about an hour ago, However, the order still says "awaiting payment" on the Apple website?

Is this normal?

Seat Leon Cupra 290
Just finished paying off all my stuff. Sort of wish I would of just waited couple of months and bought it outright really.

An orange one
Just finished paying off all my stuff. Sort of wish I would of just waited couple of months and bought it outright really.

This makes no sense with 0% finance, you pay the same final result anyways. May as well keep your savings in the bank

DB.

BMW 440i
This makes no sense with 0% finance, you pay the same final result anyways. May as well keep your savings in the bank

Not really, I'd rather not have costs (Interest or Interest Free) lingering over me month after month, rather just pay the lump and not have to worry about it!

Seat Leon Cupra 290
Yeh that's what I was implying as I could of bought it outright if I had waited, just annoying it dragging on for 10 months.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Not really, I'd rather not have costs (Interest or Interest Free) lingering over me month after month, rather just pay the lump and not have to worry about it!

Financially you are better off taking 0% finance since you are still getting the benefit of the interest.

Unless you couldn't afford it in the first place.

An orange one
I can see both sides, I'm after a MBP. Now to me I could spend £1500 much better than a laptop, but £150 x 10 and keep my monies in the bank is a different story, and 10 months is nothing really.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
It's just the age old finance 'thing', so easy to convince yourself it's worth it when you look at the monthly repayments, but when 6 months later you take what you've bought for granted, still paying for it is an annoyance - like getting phones on 24 month contracts - never again.

An orange one
You can pay this off early though if you get bored. It's still interest free and no fees so your still no worse off than paying for it upfront

DB.

BMW 440i
Its such a short deal, and fairly low amounts (E.g. most people won't spend more than £1500), that it really doesn't matter and is all personal preference.

I'm an accountant so I'm a right geek with my money and have a geeky spreadsheet that could tell you most of the costs I have between now and March 2015, as well as savings etc etc, so for me, It would just be adding in 1/10th of the amount in for 10 months, or taking a lump, depends how healthy my current account was at the time I suppose!

Things like this could be very useful however if e.g. you had car insurance coming up, and wanted to buy an Macbook, then it would be good to spread the Macbook over 10 months, and pay upfront for car insurance and avoid interest there! I always pay the whole year for car insurance as I prefer not to have any interest and don't bother with all the 0% credit cards etc.

Its such a short deal, and fairly low amounts (E.g. most people won't spend more than £1500), that it really doesn't matter and is all personal preference.

I'm an accountant so I'm a right geek with my money and have a geeky spreadsheet that could tell you most of the costs I have between now and March 2015, as well as savings etc etc, so for me, It would just be adding in 1/10th of the amount in for 10 months, or taking a lump, depends how healthy my current account was at the time I suppose!

Things like this could be very useful however if e.g. you had car insurance coming up, and wanted to buy an Macbook, then it would be good to spread the Macbook over 10 months, and pay upfront for car insurance and avoid interest there! I always pay the whole year for car insurance as I prefer not to have any interest and don't bother with all the 0% credit cards etc.

But in the same breath, surely as an accountant you recognise taking £1,500 out of an account as a lump sum is worse for your savings?

Similar scenario to someone with a wealth manager currently earning 10% plus on their portfolio taking out a a car loan. £150k out of their portfolio for a new super car will do more damage than a 5-7% loan over a few years.

Anyway, back OT - if it happens this year it's a new iPad and our first MBP for the OH and I!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed, the value if working capital is infinitely higher than the value of being 'debt free'.

ITB BG 182
Well I am hoping it happens in December, Im on about getting the 5S and also new iPad Air, I can afford it outright but as above car insurance is due on 2 cars.

I would get the 5S within a contract but all the contracts Ive seen are £57+ per month and 12 months with a £250 handset cost which is £934 for the year.
But buy the handset from Apple at £549 with a contract from Three or Tesco at £15 p/m and unlimited mins texts and data, it comes to £729, saving £205... Half an iPad.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Just got the Mrs a ipad mini from Tesco for £229, think i may get an Air on finance if they do 0% again this year.