ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apex Springs-Fitting Time

WR1 impreza
Evening guys,

Im getting my Apex Springs fitted tomorrow morning by a mechanic whos a friend of the other halfs family. Hes saying its gonna be a long job so fitting cost may be high ( charges by the hour lol)

Does anybody have an idea of how long it should take??? He thinks upto 4hrs. Surley no longer than 2???

Any ideas so I can correct him would be appriciated

Thanks lads
Tom

Lots of Alfas
It wont take that long, I fitted mine myself and that took about a hour and a half for all 4.

WR1 impreza
Thats what I was thinking. He says hes read it somewhere that its a difficult change but if you managed it in that time it cant be all that bad.

Thanks mate

Tom

FOR SALE!!!
well i did my springs in bout 2-3 hours and that was all by my self limited tools only a jack and brickers and frist ever time doing anythink like that

WR1 impreza
well hes pretty good at what he does and hes got the spring compressors so he should be all sorted for an easy day lol

Cheers
Tom

Renault Clio 05' 1.2 16v
took me & my dad just over an hour or so, if we didn't have an issue with one of the spring compressors it would of been under an hour, its not a hard job. I would be looking some where else if they had estimated a 4 hours m8

4 hours!!! is he an inbred? rears take about 10mins tops the whole job should take him about an hour if he's any good or 2 if he's taking his time.

Lots of Alfas
He probably doesnt realise how simple the Clio is. It took my mate a whole weekend to change the springs on his Mondeo.

Vectra :(
First time i did them on my old RS it took me 4 hours, but that involved nipping to halfords as i didnt have the right size tool, Then a good 30mins scratching my head when the shock got stuck on the CV boot.

However when i came to swap them back over to standard to sell it took me 2 hours.

Fred (yozza) can do them in an hour i think.

Def not a 4 hour job for a mechanic

fiesta 1.25
Do them urself! A mechanic has read somewhere?shouldnt he know!And it took me about 20 mins on back and about 1 hour and a half on the fronts with fubars guide n did my mates yesterday now i know how.

WR1 impreza
Cheers for the replies guys,

Ive dropped it off this morning and told him what you guys have said. He must have been thinking of coilovers? Dunno, either way doesnt sound to hard. Should be done soon, cannt bloody wait now

Tom

coilovers will take even less time...but require setting up properly.

its really not too hard, took me 2.5 hours to do myself, taking my time and taking photo's along the way for my how-to guide.

GUIDE