ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AP Racing Brakes ... What to do...

Guys and Girls...

I have a Clio 182 cup with AP racing 4 Pots and they realy are fantastic.. i do alot of track days and have just got back from germany.. if anything they are too good.

I have just replaced the pads at £130 and i need a new set of discs due to previous pads getting stuck on and the disks are servely warped.

I have been quoted £450-500 by a couple of places for eveything i need to change.

This is alot of money and although the brakes are fantastic i am not sure wether to sell the AP's and downgrade to somthing else.

What do people think???

Stripped yozza'd cup
If you sell them, I'll take them providing they fit under my wheels....

But, if I'm honest, if it's just disks you need, you can find them cheaper than that and they're probably worth replacing. If the brakes aren't complete and ready to fit, they're not worth much to sell, especially with that kind of expense attached to get them useable.

i did my first track day in my clio on monday with the following spec:

- high carbon front discs
- DS2500 front pads
- standard rear discs and pads
- braided lines
- ATE superblue fluid

The braking was phenomenal! I really struggle to see why you need more braking power than that unless you are running a very powerful / light car.

just my two penneth worth

The Kit is 4 Pot callipers, with 2 part disks and pads.

I have DS300 Pads in it.

I feel to sell it i would have to purchase the disks anyway so then i mite aswell keep....