ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anywhere other than Fancyplates?

I would like a 3/4 front plate but feel £32.50 is a bit steep for a set of plain plates apart from the front being 84mm high. Anywhere else do custom sized plates?

I can get a pair of standard sized plates for £10 delivered so cant bring myself to pay the extra for a small front one.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I would like a 3/4 front plate but feel £32.50 is a bit steep for a set of plain plates apart from the front being 84mm high. Anywhere else do custom sized plates?

I can get a pair of standard sized plates for £10 delivered so cant bring myself to pay the extra for a small front one.

How much?!? Mine was £15.90 delivered.

wDIVtv6.jpg

Then get the rear cheaper elsewhere.

Yeah I think so. As long as it's the right font, size, reflective and has the BS number and manufacturers post code on them. I don't think flags and logos on the left side is legal now other than the Euro flag and GB.

1.2 16v Mk2 Ph2
Yeah I think so. As long as it's the right font, size, reflective and has the BS number and manufacturers post code on them. I don't think flags and logos on the left side is legal now other than the Euro flag and GB.

Ah okay, nice one mate!

Form my experience as long as the font is right and the letters are the right size and spacing you don't get any trouble. All my cars for the last 12 years have had show plates on them and I have never had any bother.

I was hoping I could get away with a 3/4 plate on the front.

1.2 16v Mk2 Ph2
Thats good stuff! My car needs some new plates as they are both cracked in the middle (wtf has the previous owner been doing?) yet there was so many different different customisations it was hard to tell if it was legal haha, i'll just stick to standards for now I think, especially since i'm a new driver they'll be looking for anything to pull me over!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I'd rather give the money away than spend £30 on a piece of marginally smaller plastic. I also couldn't bring myself to spend the money for the sake of a few mm

Well that's one way of looking at it. Another is that, for the price there's not a better modification that smartens up the front end so much. One of the best things I changed on my car!

It's a classic case of less is more. It is bound to cost a little more than standard as it will be more labour to cut down from the standard size. I'm just being tight!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd rather give the money away than spend £30 on a piece of marginally smaller plastic. I also couldn't bring myself to spend the money for the sake of a few mm
This.
A set of plain plates off eBay, including all fixings, are £10.99 delivered.

Sack paying £32 just because the front one is 8mm shorter.

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
Just FYI, this pic is the narrowest legal plate you can have. 3/4 ones look stupid, Ive been there done that, then i fitted this one after being pulled by plod

20140628_125445_zpsaba60e1a.jpg

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
Ooops i was supposed to mention that. 101mm. 79mm standard font with 11mm margin top and bottom. Standard length

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Pro plates you can put in your exact sizes. Zero markings including no postcode. I've bought them for umpteen cars. http://www.proplates.co.uk/

You have to use the custom non legal section to get exactly what you want.