ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyway around...?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Hey guys,

Found out today that my college uses http://www.bloxx.com/ as there blocking system. I cant get on anything these days, even youtube is blocked, along with this site. Its ridiculous the amount of sites they have blocked. Anyway, wanted to know if there was anyway around it? Ive tried, proxys, USB programs, ect ect.....but this is one stubon b*****d, and I wondered if anyone knew anyway I could bypass this c**t?

B

Ben^

This may work:

If you still have the "RUN" option on the start menu click run and type "command"

If you dont then save a blank word file and rename it to a .cmd then double click on it

Once in command (DOS) type "ping [insert web address]"

e.g. ping www.cliosport.net

It should then give you the IP address for the website, write this down and then type it into the address bar in IE, the website should then appear because most blocking systems block the address and not the IP ;)

EDIT - OR use command on ur comp at home and wrtie the IP's down

Last edited by a moderator:
  Cupra
@ben, that will not work on any of the modern appliances, i have tested most of them!

bloxx is a tricky one as it analysis each page on the fly and does not rely on a database. It can also recognise all proxy coding and block it accordingly.
The only way to get around it is if it has been set up as a proxy itself and you are able to access the internet without needing to in though it. Change the connection settings in the browser and see if you still have internet.
If you are able to get around it in the above way, them the sys admins are clowns... I'd say you were f**ked personally.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
lol, i tried that ages ago, didnt work, its block everything. Check out the link, its tell you more about the software.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
I think I might aswell give up, just wanted to know any options I havent tried yet.

Cupra
internet on your mobile! Its the only way in our building, which doesn't make me very popular with some of the staff.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hey guys,

Found out today that my college uses http://www.bloxx.com/ as there blocking system. I cant get on anything these days, even youtube is blocked, along with this site. Its ridiculous the amount of sites they have blocked. Anyway, wanted to know if there was anyway around it? Ive tried, proxys, USB programs, ect ect.....but this is one stubon b*****d, and I wondered if anyone knew anyway I could bypass this c**t?

Not that it helps you, but we've thought about using bloxx here. Good to see that it actually does what it says it does. ;)

D.

Cupra
I was put off by the fact that it is using new technology that nobody else uses and it quite a chunk cheaper than the competitors.

Messagelabs are horribly expensive, Barracuda performed well, Websense wins for me.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Websense is the best I've ever used.. it pisses users off something chronic too :p

The last place I worked used something different (SurfControl, which is a POS).. but I liked watching the real time logs and blocking sites the students were going on :p

DMS

A thirsty 172
Tried using LogMeIn? If your college computer will allow you to install ActiveX controls you could set up a LogMeIn Free account and install the service on your home computer, then connect to your home computer via LogMeIn when at college, and browse the net on that.

Or if you're allowed to RDP outbound (not likely, but worth a shot) you could use Remote Desktop to connect to your PC at home in the same manner.

However, if the sysadmins are any good then I doubt either of the above will work.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Tried using LogMeIn? If your college computer will allow you to install ActiveX controls you could set up a LogMeIn Free account and install the service on your home computer, then connect to your home computer via LogMeIn when at college, and browse the net on that.

Or if you're allowed to RDP outbound (not likely, but worth a shot) you could use Remote Desktop to connect to your PC at home in the same manner.

However, if the sysadmins are any good then I doubt either of the above will work.

Yes and I have done before, But it find the PC at college are to s**t to run my PC's graphics properly.

Scirocco GT 2.0
^^ plus leaving a nice message in the folder for them to find after you delete them.

I prefer to carry on spying until they try to replace the file i've just deleted from their pen drive.

Then delete it again. They soon get the message lol.

Will try the messaged folder one day :cool:

DMS

A thirsty 172
Yes and I have done before, But it find the PC at college are to s**t to run my PC's graphics properly.

It'll never be as good quality as it appears on your PC anyway. It strips and compresses the data so that you see enough to work remotely on the computer, but not so much that your internet connection can't keep up with it.