ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone's 182 up on Ramps this Weekend? Fancy doing me a favour if so?

Skoda Octavia VRs
Bit of a strange request, but I was wondering if anyone is planning on having their Clio 182 up on Ramps at any point over the weekend, if they would do me a massive favour and point a Digital Camera the way of the Downstream Oxygen Sensor cable leading from the Exhaust System for me?.

My Car had a bit of work done to it last week, and only got the chance to have a look around it today, but I have the feeling that the cable from my Downstream Oxygen Sensor isn’t in the right place now, it just doesn’t seem right!.

The first few inches of the Cable has a Metal Armour Wrap around it, but the unprotected rubber cable length before the Connector Block seems to be lying against the Exhaust Heat Shield.
I think I am going to have to wrap the Connector Block with some Tape or the like, as the wires just before and after the Connector Block are exposed from the Cable Protection, and with all the Water / Salt and assorted crap that lies about on the roads I don’t think this can be good!.

I really appreciate anyone’s help and advice with this matter,

All the best and have a great weekend!
GG

Skoda Octavia VRs
I was having a nose around under someone from my Work's 182 at lunchtime there (I asked them if it was ok first though!), and took a couple of photos.
I'll have a look through them and try and compare them to my Car to see if it looks anything like where the Sensor Cables are coming out / held in place on my Exhaust System.
The inner wires on their Downstream Sensor are exposed on either side of the Plastic Block Connector as well though, so I guess it must just be a 'Renault' thing as opposed to a 'My Car' thing!...

Just don't want the Cable melting / rubbing away against the Heat Shield Panel, and having to fork out for more Work from my Local Renault Dealer, who are nothing short of a complete liability.

Cheers

Last edited: