ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone with a 1.2 had the ECU remap?

BMW 323i Coupe
As the title says really.

If so, did you find much in terms of gain and top speed, and would you recommend it?

320d
I think you'd have to be insane to spend £250 remaping a N/A 1.2 tbh. No body has done it because it simply isnt worth it mate.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Do you want to be the first to look an arse when i post a before and after dyno?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Do you want to be the first to look an arse when i post a before and after dyno?

:lolup: sorry mate its just a funny statement!
im mostly laughing at the fact someone has done it to find out!

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
No serious tho, it really does make a good difference, +8hp and 8lbft. Massive gains for the size of the engine.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
fair point hav but surely if your paying 250+ and only getting 8+hp
not really going to notice much diff other than pick up maybe with some
other mods

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Jamie (R8 FTW) had it done by PMurray and was impressed iirc.

Over 10% Gains on Bhp is nothing to laugh at IMO

BMW M4; S1000 RR
fair point hav but surely if your paying 250+ and only getting 8+hp
not really going to notice much diff other than pick up maybe with some
other mods

8bhp on a 75hp engine is over 10%.. I'd say you'd definately notice it. More than an exhaust or intake that people usually buy for 1.2's.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Fair enough it has massive gains, but would u really pay an £250 for just an extra 8bhp?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
If you were planning on keeping the car for a good while, and there was a reason you bought a 1.2 over a 1.4... (Insurance too expensive on the 1.4 etc etc) Then it would make sense.

All other cases no. Why would you pay £250+ for a SS exhaust on a 1.2 though? It makes almost NO difference whatsoever, just makes a lot of noise... Plenty of people on here have thrown money at their 1.2 that you could also say is a waste.

BMW E92/Audi S3
If you were planning on keeping the car for a good while, and there was a reason you bought a 1.2 over a 1.4... (Insurance too expensive on the 1.4 etc etc) Then it would make sense.

All other cases no. Why would you pay £250+ for a SS exhaust on a 1.2 though? It makes almost NO difference whatsoever, just makes a lot of noise... Plenty of people on here have thrown money at their 1.2 that you could also say is a waste.

But then you have to declare it lol

M

mini-valver

Fair enough it has massive gains, but would u really pay an £250 for just an extra 8bhp?

£90 for a bonnet bra, £x for a f**king Peco exhaust and you dont think £250 for a GENUINE 8bhp gain on a 75bhp engine is worth it? Yes, you're a tard.

BMW E92/Audi S3
..rotfl

i cant really talk, i did that once but i paid zilch for my zorst and barely anything for the bra. i found that quite funny^

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

£90 for a bonnet bra, £x for a f**king Peco exhaust and you dont think £250 for a GENUINE 8bhp gain on a 75bhp engine is worth it? Yes, you're a tard.
:lolup: owned i think.
apologies for my lack of clio mapping knowledge murray mate.
im sure most people with exhausts and re-maps are into paying money
for them but don't want extra insurance. not cool imo

M

mini-valver

£70 on useless crap. Another £180 and you'd of actually made a difference. You contradicted yourself anyway.

"massive gains" then "but for just 8bhp".

IMO dont bother 8bhp is f**k all, save your money and put it towards your next car or your insurance when your insurance comes down on a quicker car pal.

M

mini-valver

So what about the 1.2 boys spending £100 on an induction kit, a set of wheels or exhaust? 8bhp is a LOT to gain on any N/A engine and you will notice it.

no offence to anyone but with weight loss, re map and exhaust you will increase bhp thus power to weight and all that, but its still not quick, you are still going to get beat by 1.6 pugs and such like. just save a bit of cash and wait untill you can afford a quicker car, you'll love it when you drive out of the garage in a 197 or a type r or whatever takes your fancy, IMO obviously

clio sport 197
i had a 1.2 2002 and i replaced the full exhaust with a peco back-box and a bit of old pipe for the CAT then i installed a k&n induction kit and put lighter wheels on and it was well fast

bareing in mind i used second had parts in total costing me 395.00 i would keep up with a 1.6 focus

canny cool