ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone Using Comp Brake 4 Pots???

Race/Rally Clio 172
I have the Comp Brake set up on my clio and they are really good but seem to go through pads really quickly and when i first had them they were wearing the pads unevenly it was like the groove in the disc was grinding them instead of getting rid of the gas and brake dust. It was like two of the pistons were working harder and the leading edge of the pad was wearing out.

I thought id had the discs on the wrong way round but i didnt the grooves go the way the disc turns to get rid of the gasses. I know that different people have different opions on that tho!

We were using the pads supplied with the kit 1st which were Hawk track day pads then changed to DS2500s now it seems that they have taken their toll on the discs and have worn them unevenly it seems that the outside of the Disc has more wear than the inside!

It is pointing toward that they are not bolted on correctly doesnt it! But the bracket is a one piece CNC part that can only go on one way. Or does it??????

Ill try and get some pics up tonight was just putting this thread together on the off chance someone uses the same kit!

Many thanks in advance!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I am running the Compbrake B4 4pot kit on my 172.

I've never had any wear uneven wear issues with my discs. I've been running the kit for 50,000 miles. When they were first fitted, I used the supplied Hawk fast road/track pads. I now run Ferodo DS2500 pads (which I prefer as they actually work when cold!)

Talking of which I am in need of some new discs/pads, and new brake fluid :dapprove:

....Oh and BTW are what car are you running the compbrakes on/ 182?

Race/Rally Clio 172
5713089739_7f64b5697e.jpg5713663154_8b223019b9.jpg5713666640_3423163159.jpg5713655632_9066fa28c8.jpg
Yeah i use a small bit of cooper ease when i put the pads in hopefully here are some pics to see if i have them fitted correctly!

Can you see the two top pistons are slightly more out than the bottom two there for wearing out the top of the pads!

Any ideas?? Is it something silly like ive got the brackets on the wrong side or something????
5713661324_1915d7f914_m[1].JPG

Race/Rally Clio 172
Its not that it bothers me i just didnt think it was correct! It seems that they have worn the outside of the disc out more then the inside aswel! Is that normal to???