ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone using a non resonated milltek?

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Looking to pick up a cat back system for the 182.
I understand the milltek is one of the quieter systems, but would a non resonated system be too loud or drone for a daily commuter?
I live on a fairly quiet estate, and my 20 mile commute is probably 70% 40 and 50mph roads, mostly lined with average speed cameras.
I want something nice sounding and not quiet, but not over the top or droney (as I'd quickly hate it over my 40-45 minute commute, every day)
Been recommended this system as one that has good results when tuning too.

Looking to pick up a cat back system for the 182.
I understand the milltek is one of the quieter systems, but would a non resonated system be too loud or drone for a daily commuter?
I live on a fairly quiet estate, and my 20 mile commute is probably 70% 40 and 50mph roads, mostly lined with average speed cameras.
I want something nice sounding and not quiet, but not over the top or droney (as I'd quickly hate it over my 40-45 minute commute, every day)
Been recommended this system as one that has good results when tuning too.
The rs192 is not as loud as the resonated milltek.
This is probably the quietest, the sports version with centre box.
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1264&appid=2

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
The rs192 is not as loud as the resonated milltek.
This is probably the quietest, the sports version with centre box.
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1264&appid=2

Was just looking at the milltek at the minute, as I've found a good deal on it.

I have the non res but decatted too.

You'd wake the neighbors when you start it put it that way. Settles down when the idle drops though.

I'd heard it's loud with a decat, but I'd be using the standard cat, as I can't be bothered with the messing around come mot time.

Have you tried using it with the cat on. Wondering if it makes much difference.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I'm not looking for a quiet system, just not something that's overly loud.
Will also be doing track days in the car, so need to be mindful of that. Though I suspect pretty much any off the shelf system would be fine at most tracks with the cat in place

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I like my milltek but it's not quiet. Drones at 70-80 but it can be fairly quiet when it needs to be. I'll try get a video as some point.

Just had the rear backbox brace rewelded on mine as it had cracked but I think that was down to knackered rear bushes

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Would there be much difference in power and torque delivery between a 2.25 system and a 2.5 system. If so what would you expect?

Heard the 2.25 system with decat on a few cars over video and it seems to have a raspy sound which I like, as apose to boomy.

The ktec price is more than the milltek, but comes with lifetime warranty, so might be interested in that.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
On a Mini... but I've tried both res and non-res. Found the res way too quiet tbh. The non-res probably is a bit too loud, although I've not had any official complaints from the neighbours lol. Love the pops and bangs I get though, very addictive! Only noticed the annoying drone when I was on a track day but then there's other things to concentrate on :stig: