ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone used Pure Motorsports before?

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
As above really, looking to get the belts and dephaser done on the Ph1. Has anyone had them done at PMS before? Or any other recommendations?

I was thinking of taking the Clio up to Danlp6, but it's a fair treck from Helston. Pure Motorsports would be a lot closer for me.

Cheers!

330i. E30 Touring.
These guys have a great reputation across various platforms.

I'd have no issues using them,

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ive used Pure Motorsport products and they have always been spot on, seem like a good outfit, and like Budgie says they are well respected, I have never had any work done by them though so cant comment first hand on that, but nick certainly seems clued up so I would expect him to know what he is doing.

Danlp6 though I can say with 100% certainly knows exactly what he is doing with an F4R, so if you do make the trek you'll get the right results.

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Think I'll take the Clio to Pure Motorsport then, seeing as they are only about an hour away from me.

I'd take it to Dan if he were closer, but he's about 3.5 hours away.

Cheers for the help guys, just wanted to know if Pure Mortorsport's work was as good as their products!

Best book the car in ;)

LY 172
Yeah I won't go shouting the garage names. But just to remind everyone to stick to the recommended people. Even if it means traveling.

Yeah he said the crank was miles out. Might explain the 150 odd bhp.
Running alot better now tho.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah he said he turned it round till the cams were right and the crank hole was so far out he couldn't even see which way it needed to turn to correct it! Normally even when it's out its still possible to see one edge of the hole at least!

should think its night and day better now :)

LY 172
Hahaha. Monkeys ay ;)
Still feels a little flat. But then I don't know how well the new valves were done etc. have to get it mapped again sometime. Once ktec are confident to boot load my ecu. Or something like that.