ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone used GRAFITYP or AVERY vinyl to wrap before?

02' PH1 172
Well, decided to have a go at wrapping my roof black. Tried both gloss and matt and completley balls both of them up. managed to put my hand right through the GRAFITYP and tore the Avery one. I recon they are cheap poor quality vinyls, anyone used them before?

Clio 172 Cup
Avery Range is good stuff, similar to 3M gear without the price tag.

Grafityp is budget stuff.

What was the Avery stuff you was trying to use?

02' PH1 172
Avery I used their matt black cast vinyl. Used their felt tip squeegy and it seemed to scratch very easily, and then later tore, but I guess that would have been my fault as I wasn't paying attention when I lifted the one corner of the roof and tore it on the side :( Really an expencive hobby to try get right on your own!

Clio 172 Cup
How cold was it where you was working?

You need to be into there cast range to get the results.

Clio 182 arctic
you must be doing something wrong if your tearing it and putting holes in.
on what i assume is a clio roof, with avery (1900 i assume)? then you shouldnt need any heat at all. the material is made to stretch so u must be pulling way too hard.
the avery 1900 is a great vinyl to use, im doing a partial wrap with it tomorrow in fact. dont worry about the finish straight away unless you have creases, its so easy to say to yourself it doesnt look too bad but when you finish the crease will stand out like crazy, sort it before its too late. after a week or so all the little bubbles/imperfections will be gone and it will look great.