ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone used a one-man brake bleed kit?

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
I used one of these today - the Europat Vizibleed one with the white container - starting by sucking as much fluid as I could out of the reservoir with a syringe. Then i filled the resrvoir with new fluid. Then working from the left rear, right rear, left front, right front I put the tube onto the nipple and locked it on, opened the nipple then pressed the pedal 10 or 15 times (checking and topping up reservoir as I went). then tightened the nipple and moved to the next brake. When it was done, put the cap on the reservoir to finish.

But the pedal doesn't feel that firm. Pretty sure it's not as firm as it was anyway. DO these kits do a decent job, or are they a bit too good to be true? I'm wondering if air gets sucked back in when you release the pedal?

Think I'm going to have to find a helper and do it the two person way...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I wouldn't trust anything other than my own eyes when checking for air in the brakes tbh.

Clio 172 CUP (Race car)
There is another one-man kit called eazibleed, it uses air pressure from the spare tyre to pressureise the system and feed the brake fluid into the system. This way once its connected you just bleed the nipples and you do not need to use the brake pedal at all. I used this recently and was able to replace and bleed the whole system myself in about twenty mins. I would highly recommend this kit.
Here is one on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EASY-BLEED-BRAKE-BLEEDING-KIT-ALL-MODELS_W0QQitemZ300295313663QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Hand_Tools_Equipment?hash=item300295313663&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1689%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318