ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone running castrol GTX 10W40

was going to put some in mine (sorry BRUN, perhaps i shouldve opted for the silkolene!) but after reading quite a few threads is the general concensus that this oil is crap??

All ive heard is that it makes the valvers engines rattly etc IS THERE ANYONE WHO DOES RATE IT??

ta,pete.

ahhhhh welll.......id opt for the normal GTX if the choice was between those two !!.....ignore the promises of less engine wear...the difference is so minute youd be hard pressed to see the difference.

as long as you use a good quality oil & change it on a regular basis then thats good enough!

plus magnatec has soooooo many additives that over time it eventually clogs small oil channels....<-- so ive been told by a guy that works for a large oil company !!

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

nar brun there is a castrol GTX 10w40 how do i no? cus my brother runs it in his 205.

I use Castrol GTX Magnetec 10W40 and am very happy with it.

I think what makes the most difference though is the regular oil & filter changes. I change mine every 3K miles and never have any problems.

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by steve a on 25 June 2003

nar brun there is a castrol GTX 10w40 how do i no? cus my brother runs it in his 205.
yea i know there is mate, but hes on about the oil thats been makin cars tappety, an thats Magnatec