ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone running a SSD look in.

Go cry to your momma!
Your none apple SSD may have garbage collection in it's firmware but if you want to use OS X's TRIM feature, you'd need an Apple branded SSD, up until now.

Go here and scroll down to the TRIM activator download link and run it, after rebooting, you will see in system preferences that your drive now supports TRIM :)

Hope that's a help for some folk, I'm running it on my 2010 15" with an OCZ Vertex 2E and it works a treat.

Ive got exactly the same set-up as you, I've read about this not long ago and thought against it.

I'm too worried that a third party program will bugger everything up, I think there are a few horror stories on MacRumours......but most of them are a bunch of retards!

Monaro VXR
Worth a try to enable it seeing as it can make a big difference in speed on the drive if it is your sole drive.

Go cry to your momma!
Shadow, I'd take everything on MR with a pinch of salt, most of them are 12 year old dumb asses. I've had no troubles with it but I guess you can't rule it out.

Wozza - it's my sole drive, I don't need so much storage that I've had to switch my optical drive out for a HDD. I can't say I've noticed any improvement but those that have bothered to bench test their machines since enabling it, have shown a marked improvement.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Any ideas if this will work with the latest gen flash based MBA's?

thanks

Go cry to your momma!
Is it no showing that TRIM is supported already?
Anything that Apple installed in there should do..