ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone recommend good mobile mechanic in Devon? Need timing belt changed and pulleys

DCI 1.5 80HP 2002
Hi All

My Clio DCI has caused me loads of problems which I have managed to get through most of them (Pot-holes cost me over £400 less than a month ago and so I'm still feeling the pinch from that).

But then Bang! the pully on the alternator is ratlling away again. The AA came out a few months back and kindly gave me a new alternator under the cover i had with them butthey failed to point out the reason the existing one failed wasnt fixed and hence the new one didnt last all that long. Now I have the same problem.

Im told you need to get the timing belt of and change the pulleys. My car is now sat outside my house and has now auxiliary belt anymore as it ripped off whilst driving (I did then drive about 3-4miles home and have now left the car there)

I really want this lil Clio to survive but this is WAY beyond my capability so I just need someone fair who works for cash who can do a good price. I can happily order the kit and also charge the battery and drive the car where it can be worked on. Any ideas anyone please let me know.

THANKS

DCI 1.5 80HP 2002
Re: anyone recommend good mobile mechanic in Devon? Need timing belt changed and pull

lol ok, thats quite a long way but if I charge the battery fully (and with AA roadside as a backup lol) I could make it. How much would you charge to replace the cam belt and pulleys etc and to replace the pulley on the new alternator (which now looks distinctly 'old' to me!!)