ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone recognise this 182??

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Mk5 golf gti
Wonder why that is so cheap

timing belt has been done too apparently

seems to cheap to me

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm guessing you have done the obvious hpi check, no harm going and viewing it and going through all the paper work making sure it matches up and then a thorough going over, checking for accident damage/different paint shades the usual stuff and test everything on the test drive.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I wouldnt buy that if it was the last CLio on earth- sure its cheap- buts its cheap for a reason

95k miles- been to the moon & back
no cup packs ( well spoiler)
shagged steering wheel
engine bay a total mess
1 months tax
no mats
drivers bolster is shot
WTF is that stereo

if your stretching your budget to accomodate a 182 then save your money & buy a decent monacco 172

S

Trader Rating - 100%
12   0   0
  Cam'd Arctic FF 182
Thanks for the feedback so far everyone :)

Haven't done one of those online/phone HPI checks yet but my mate (works at a garage) did a quick search through the database they have access to and it came up clean.

The bad points mentioned by Steve are all things that I need to consider, but they aren't deal-breakers for me (largely because I've got more time to spend making it nice than I have money to buy a nicer one):
- Mileage: not great but as long as nothing is about to fall apart I'm not too bothered.
- Cup packs: would be nice but I'll probably end up putting a decent set of shocks + springs on there in the mid/long run.
- Steering wheel: I expect most of them will be pretty shagged but it's not too much to replace the grips or possibly even the wheel if I'm feeling adventurous.
- Engine bay: Granted, it's a mess, but I'd probably rather it require some cleaning and attention than have been messed around by some chav with no clue.
- Tax: that's just annoying :(
- Mats: I've got the kit to shampoo the carpets + upholstery then I can put my own mats in.
- Driver's bolster: I'm happy to compromise on this, the bolster on my interior is worn but I'm used to it (Ph2 172 interior in my Ph1 1.2).
- Stereo: Unforgivable... I've got a spare to drop in though.

I have been looking at what's around for that price to see if there are any 172's that are dramatically better condition but I couldn't see anything on eBay/PH that stole my heart :rasp:

I've not committed to anything just yet, got to see it first. I know it's not a perfect example of a 182 from the pics but as long as it checks out in the flesh it seems like it's worth the compromise for that price.

Also, I did the search on here and noticed it was spotted 2 years ago but I've still got no idea who owned it!

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
At that money I would go with what Steve recommended and pick up a tidy 172, you only need to keep an eye on the for sale section in here for a month and I'm sure one would pop up that fits the bill and the price. (More money for goodies rather than just spending money bringing it back up to scratch).

I would also just add to the list a "star trek" esque gear knob and potentially sagging rear exhaust...

Also I don't know if it's just me, but I hate looking for cars and seeing they have the petrol light on.... Just screams to me that it has been run on a budget if you can't even be bothered to chuck a tenner in for some photos

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
That is a dog. Look at it ffs!

The evil Giraffe is selling a proper mint Monaco Blue 172, 50k, FSH, belts done etc. Same money as that snotter.

Its in the for sale section on here.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
17   0   0
  A Yellow One
That is a dog. Look at it ffs!

The evil Giraffe is selling a proper mint Monaco Blue 172, 50k, FSH, belts done etc. Same money as that snotter.

Its in the for sale section on here.
I PM'd him the link a while ago....

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Abarth 500 Esseesse
Also ask the seller what it's had done for it to be producing 182bhp :rasp:

Besides the stereo and chad valley gearknob...

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  NOBLE M400 + TOYS +
mileage if you look hard enough there's low milers on ebay fetchin around the £3k mark, take alook at rad water bottle its 1/2 full???