ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone race with a 306gti-6?

My friend who is car freak and he recently got a red 1998 306gti-6.

Anyone race with 306gti6 before?
I guess Clio is better in speed. But I think 306gti6 is excellent in corner.

GP2
Owned both of these, not much in it tbh. 172 is very slightly quicker off the blocks though...

You'd be hard pushed to see much difference in the real work, mostly would boil down to driver.

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
My friend who is car freak and he recently got a red 1998 306gti-6.

Anyone race with 306gti6 before?
I guess Clio is better in speed. But I think 306gti6 is excellent in corner.

It will come down to the driver, the CS will be slightly quicker and the 306 feels more planted around corners then a CS excl cup/Tpy models

Thanks, I will try my friend's car later.
He is a better driver than me, he really practice. He is very good at heel and toe.

Does anyone know who made the 172/182 Cup suspension?? I know KYB made 172 suspension and Sachs made the Trophy suspension.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Owned both of these, not much in it tbh. 172 is very slightly quicker off the blocks though...

You'd be hard pushed to see much difference in the real work, mostly would boil down to driver.

^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said had a 172 mk 1 and a 306 gti-6 not a lot in it TBH but i would say the Clio is just a bit faster more so 0-100 and the 306 100 + with the 6 speed box.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If it's a GTI, the 172 will (just) edge it. If it's a rallye, nothing in it. Regardless, he'll be having more fun, 306 is the better car to drive (compared to a standard 172).

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Personally i find my cup more fun than my 306 Rallye - but that is mostly because i prefer slightly smaller cars (and 35mpg vs 20 lol). That being said, i miss the sublime 6 speeder in the 306 ....

1998 BMW e46 323i
I had a punt against one a few years back in my e36 320i, got beaten, but not slaughtered. I'd say a 1*2 would have the edge.

clio trophy No56
Ive owned a gti6 and a couple of 182's, i wouldnt say there is much in it, think it would be down to the driver.

Renaultsport Clio 182
my mate's got a 306 Gti-6 but he's tuned the balls off the engine! It's an absolute flying machine now and will eat my 182 all day, every day. i keep telling him to get it on a RR cos i'd love to know what its chucking out!

before he started potching with it though it was fairly close between the 2 really. all down to how good a start you got imo

Thanks for you guy's comment.
I thank 306gti is a very very good car in standard. You can tell from how the engine position and the excellent chassis. A future classic.

MCS R56
I got well and truely smoked by a GTi-6 once but when he pulled up beside me at a junction, he informed me it was running over 300bhp and said good effort. It looked standard as well. Nice

1998 BMW e46 323i
I got well and truely smoked by a GTi-6 once but when he pulled up beside me at a junction, he informed me it was running over 300bhp and said good effort. It looked standard as well. Nice
Is it just me, or does this never happen... I've never spoken to another driver after a spirited session?!

Is it just me, or does this never happen... I've never spoken to another driver after a spirited session?!

Only ever happened to me after a sprited drive with a fellow CSer and was posted in the spotted section.

Though tbh I had never stopped and spoken to someone about their nice car untill this morning.

Clio 172 mk2
yep

Pulled a car length before I got to 60 then my CAF fell off, I got heat soak and got pissed all over

MCS R56

He was one of those guys you always see kicking about where you live, and it was hot so the windows were down. It's never happened before or again. I actually said something to him first, something like "what the fu$k"

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Why-o-why do people always compare modded cars to standard cars, if it was a real race then it should be stock on stock.

f**k the mods! Its an open book all day long if we talk about how its got a "Skyline unit in a Fiat 500"

Funny how everyones got a mate that "once had a 400bhp french hatchback..."

MCS R56
Why-o-why do people always compare modded cars to standard cars, if it was a real race then it should be stock on stock.

f**k the mods! Its an open book all day long if we talk about how its got a "Skyline unit in a Fiat 500"

Funny how everyones got a mate that "once had a 400bhp french hatchback..."

My point was I didn't know it was modded.I agree, no point in comparing modded v std.

Who's got a friend that used to own a 400 bhp french hatchback? The title simply asks if anyone has raced a 306 Gti-6. I have.

clio 182 (05)
i played with 1. my mate had a R reg 306 gti-6 he had induction kit and full s steel exhaust. neck and neck in 1st once we hit 2nd i sterted to pull away...... and i had my fat mate in the car lol!!!