ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone out and about around Preston/East Lancs/Trough of Bowland this weekend?

Working both days! make it sunday and i could be there as i havnt taken my car out for a run in ages. think i recognize your car. where abouts are you from?

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
I could do Sunday morning in that case :)

I'm around Bamber Bridge, near Preston... where are you from mate?

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Cool - well I'll have a look again later on, see if there is any more interest then try and arrange something that fits as many people as poss :)

j26

Clio 197
i would be up for this tomorrow night, i know a very good road round the settle hawes area

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
So... Does Saturday evening work for everyone? What time do you finish sladen?

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Alrighty, sounds good! Not too far away at all.

I should be around all evening so just gimme a shout and we'll arrange a time/place :)

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Ok gents, I'm gonna head out whether anyone can make it or not, as I've been on Google Maps and the roads look so awesome!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...brnyjEbUVEBogd3D2b2zzw&cbp=12,110.32,,0,15.82

That said, the route is a bit experimental so someone to help if (when!) I get lost might be good :p Got sat nav but no power for it in my car and don't know how long the battery will last...

Decided to trim the route a bit to miss out some of the A65 too:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...3.905956,-2.379913&spn=0.610006,1.234589&z=10

Looking to leave about 5:30 to give enough time to get back from the 'good' roads before it's dark. If you're in just shout!

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Got back about half 8, sorry! You missed some nice roads - nice and quiet traffic-wise too! Just making a quick vid...

If you wanna nip out tomorrow just let me know?

Last edited:
  Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Never a good thing! haha

If you guys fancy it I can try and organise something with a bit more notice next time? Sorry it was so rushed this time, got a 'free' weekend to myself so I like to come and go as I please :rasp:

Ph2 1.2, Ph1 172
surprised i've not seen your car about Adam as i work in Bamber Bridge, will have to keep an eye out for you... although you prob won't see my car as i normally bike it to work haha

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Good video. sure i wouldnt have had fun in my 75bhp beast!
Ah you would :) In fact you probably could have carried more speed in a lot of places, the suspension on my car is pretty firm so it was bouncing around a lot!

surprised i've not seen your car about Adam as i work in Bamber Bridge, will have to keep an eye out for you... although you prob won't see my car as i normally bike it to work haha
I usually take my bike to work as well actually, haha. If I'm in the car though I only go from near the Black Bull pub on Station Road out towards the motorway, so maybe you're up the other end of town?

I'd defo be up for another trip after payday Adam. PM me your facebook or something!
Sounds good man :) I'll give you a shout now!

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
I'm usually near Bamber Bridge and Penwortham as the gf lives in Walton-le-Dale and I've passed the Black Bull plenty of times. I'm usually out and about on Wednesday afternoon/evenings and Friday afternoon/evenings, mainly to and from Sainsbury's for munch lol. I'd be up for a little outing sometime :)