ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone On Here From Dumfries, South West Scotland???

Megane 225
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone on here is from Dumfries in South West Scotland? I drive a Clio Dynamique SX, 57 plate in blue.

Open to any replies:rasp:

Ph1
I am :D

Theres a couple more i know of who used to come on but theyve changed cars and think theres one down Gretna

Last edited:
I was down in Dumfries last week and there was a cracking trophy in the Tesco on Glasgow Road when i popped in for petrol!

Ph1
I was down in Dumfries last week and there was a cracking trophy in the Tesco on Glasgow Road when i popped in for petrol!

Think its a woman in her late 50's early 60's who owns it. Often sits down the Sands during the day. Total wasted on her :(

Megane 225
Yeah I know her, she used to be married to a guy I work with, she had a Williams phase 1 before the trophy, likes her Renault sport I think:)

nope never been to a meet before, dunno where you read about them!

Megane 225
bluedude, class! never seen your clio 200 driving about, where abouts you live? need to sign up to see about the meets, just trying to sort out getting some plasma dials for mine.

Megane 225
bluedude aye know where st josephs is. What colour did you order it in? At the moment mines in bits, im changing all the dials to blue and trying to source some plasma dials for it the now. Theres a few quite nice renault sport cars in dumfries, couple of trophies, a V6 and have seen 2 twingo RS going about.

Megane 225
Castle douglas has one of the best chippys ever! Lockerbie as well, the tower chip is is brilliant, will make you a mean battered mars bar too! Can't remember what the on in cd is called but it's painted green:)

tiTTy & SV650
Go mountain biking in the area once or twice a year, last CS meet we had there the police followed us to a carpark in town lol

fcuking love the italian takeaway beside the railway bridge.

Megane 225
Aye, the aldi on Annan road is much higher class! 24 tesco is alright, an the aerodrome out heathhall way is a good road to drive;-)

Clio 200
bluedude aye know where st josephs is. What colour did you order it in? At the moment mines in bits, im changing all the dials to blue and trying to source some plasma dials for it the now. Theres a few quite nice renault sport cars in dumfries, couple of trophies, a V6 and have seen 2 twingo RS going about.

Completely forgot about this thread! Ordered it in White with white alloys, going to be a nightmare to keep clean but white on white looks stunning!

Seen a Trophie once or twice, There is two Vee's in dumfries...Both been into my work for Belts/Water pump. Mentor browned his pants taking them for test drives after :rasp:. The Twingo RS's seem quite nice, only driven one from the forecourt to the workshop but i was seriously thinking of ordering one before i sat in the 200 we had before it was sold!

Megane 225
aye, just makes me wish hadnt bought a house! could be getting a 200 as well. Just applied for a new job which offers a company car, wonder how much tax i would get deducted applying for a 200:D one twingo RS owner works along edinburgh road, its always parked in a car park along there, only seen one vee in dumfries, a silve 02 plate one.

Ph1
aye, just makes me wish hadnt bought a house! could be getting a 200 as well. Just applied for a new job which offers a company car, wonder how much tax i would get deducted applying for a 200:D one twingo RS owner works along edinburgh road, its always parked in a car park along there, only seen one vee in dumfries, a silve 02 plate one.

Believe that Vee died a few years back now. Cant remember the story but it had rear end damage and due to the cost of repair on the rear 1/4 it was wrote off.

Megane 225
Completely forgot about this thread! Ordered it in White with white alloys, going to be a nightmare to keep clean but white on white looks stunning!

Seen a Trophie once or twice, There is two Vee's in dumfries...Both been into my work for Belts/Water pump. Mentor browned his pants taking them for test drives after :rasp:. The Twingo RS's seem quite nice, only driven one from the forecourt to the workshop but i was seriously thinking of ordering one before i sat in the 200 we had before it was sold!

Excellent! you got your 200 yet? where abouts do you work?

Believe that Vee died a few years back now. Cant remember the story but it had rear end damage and due to the cost of repair on the rear 1/4 it was wrote off.

Yeah, come to think of it havent seen it for months, put it down to the bad weather as who the hell would want to take a rear wheel drive beast out in this kinda weather

Lou

Not from Dumfries but down there often as I work in Dumfries hospital occasionally! Only RS I've spotted while down there was a GW200!!

Megane 225
right beef mate just sent you a pm with the pics

I work at the Annan road branch, could have a word with the guys at the new abbey road one and see what the crack is.
Do you? just looked into applying for a job there! although then i chickened out and applied for carlisle:) bought my clio from Dougie in Annan road branch. What is it you do there?