ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone made the move....

Ad

MK2 FRS
had a FF 172 and 225 meggy.

What spec meggy are you thinking of early or new?? Cupped or un cupped??

Golf 7R
Was thinking along the lines of an 04 05 plate, possibly un cupped but would consider cupped, whats difference in terms of performance feel, know theres not much on paper, but easily tuneable...also in terms of reliablity......( i know its french)

Cheers in advance.

Meg 225 with cup packs.
I have. Firstly, what's your budget? Secondly from what i've heard, early full fats were a bit soft by all accounts and that's why you very rarely see the Meg in any comparisons with the VXR, GTI, or ST, because they weren't as good. The Trophy onwards the Meg is much better with the revised suspension, and for that reason, is now the best handling out of the above mentioned cars, but don't tell too many people, we don't want our rare cars becoming common;).

As for the drive, in all honestly the only thing i miss about the 182 i had, is the steering feel. As for the speed, i'm sorry if this is gonna upset anyone but the Meg, imo, is faster than the 182 i had in every aspect, It handles just as well and it's also a lot smoother and generally more grown up and civilised.
If you are going to get one i would try and stretch your budget to a trophy or a cup/cup pack Meg. You won't be disappointed.

Good luck.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
^^ I can pretty much agree 100% with that

I went from a cupped 182 and much prefer the megane as i felt the clio could go a little too light on the arse end

Paul