ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone looking for cheap Federal 595 RSR tyres?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Good find, pity I'm not looking for any. Reckon they will sell a fair few at that price.

Ph2 Clio 172
Yeah, the only other places with stock are £80+

This is soooooo tempting. I convinced myself to wait until I have munched my current tyres before buying some RSR's, Grrr!

Ph2 Clio 172
In the dry, epic. In the wet, as good as any middle of the road normal road tyre (i.e Toyo T1R's). Perfectly usable as a daily. Although a bit overkill if you don't plan on tracking it too.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
And obviously far less miles before they are worn out, as with any trackday orientated tyre.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
They appear to be a bit of a halfway house from a prada/t1r and a 888/a048 etc but I havent used them yet.
Toyo R1R seems similar too.

We normally have road tyres and track tyres and dont worry about a middle ground that does both TBH, but I can see the appeal as it means you can just arrive and drive and not have to change wheels etc.

Ph2 Clio 172
Yeah, thats the apeal, a single tyre for driving to and from the track and the shops, while also delivering on track too.

I know someone you has used both R1Rs and RSRs on a Clio (he's on here too, so might pop up) and from what he said the RSR's are as good if not better than the R1Rs, but are far far more durable.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
We did a trackday 9 days ago at bedford and cause we were snowboarding at milton keynes that weekend too we ended up having to do the day on road tyres as we didnt have enough room for the track tyres and the snowboard equipment etc, was definately nice not having to touch the car all day, so can see the appeal, and TBH it was still good fun even on yoko s-drives, so im sure on a half decent tyre it would be even better.

Lotus Elise
RSR really surprised me on track, great grip and seemed to warm up nice a quick too, lost out to the R888 on ultimate grip but not a lot in it. Meek_Racing is running them on his track car and has no complaints about them. Tony told me the R1R were a bit floaty until the tread wore down a few mm where upon they where very good.

Yoko AD08s look interesting too with a couple of our customers coming back with great reviews. For the price of the RSRs you can run them as a daily tyre if you dont have the inclination or the space to have two sets of wheels.

Ph2 Clio 172
:D

IMAG0078.jpg

Great service from these guys too!

I originally posted this just to help anyone out but I'm now tempted to give them a try for this weekend and give them some back to back running with the R888's and see how they compare. It certainly would be a decent cost saving! I just think with the deep tread block they would get a lot hotter and maybe over heat. Shall I give them a punt or stick with what I know?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I originally posted this just to help anyone out but I'm now tempted to give them a try for this weekend and give them some back to back running with the R888's and see how they compare. It certainly would be a decent cost saving! I just think with the deep tread block they would get a lot hotter and maybe over heat. Shall I give them a punt or stick with what I know?

I dont think you will find they ar a match for 888/A048/MPSC etc

So all you will be doing is trying them to see how far short they fall.

On an expensive car like yours I cant see the point on saving money on tyres just cause they are "not much worse"

I dont think you will find they ar a match for 888/A048/MPSC etc

So all you will be doing is trying them to see how far short they fall.

On an expensive car like yours I cant see the point on saving money on tyres just cause they are "not much worse"
No that was my initial thoughts Chip but then I thought they may have other advantages such as better in the wet etc although we also have a set of road tyres for wets.

Sorry I also wasn't clear I didn't mean to race just really for track days etc but forgot to put that :eek:

Just thought it might be worth a bash for while i'm practicing and trying to get lots of miles on the car but I see what your saying so will stick with what I know :) Thanks for the advice mate!
I don't see why people rate R888's they're not THAT good!
I will be having a play with other tyres such as DZ03 after the first race but for now was just wanting to stick with what I know and it's not like I'm going to be driving at 100% of the cars ability so got other things to worry about first lol!

Pilot sport cups have more outright grip.
Not seen these for the Clio Sam but I will have another look, I'm guessing as with Porsche/BMW one's they are going to be a fair whack more than other brands although the car's I have driven with them fitted in the past they have really impressed!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Not seen these for the Clio Sam but I will have another look, I'm guessing as with Porsche/BMW one's they are going to be a fair whack more than other brands although the car's I have driven with them fitted in the past they have really impressed!

I have some 205/50/15 ones and I think they retail at about 200 quid a corner.

I got mine with very little use on them from a Ginetta race car that ran that size though so paid only a fraction of that :)

Ph2 Clio 172
The benefit of the RS-Rs are their ability to be used as a single all round tyre (on track and on the road) and their cost advantage over things like R1R's or R888's.

Ideal if like me, you only have 1 set of wheels and are doing things cheaply.

If you have the funds to buy better, or have more than 1 set of wheels, then they are cheap middle ground tyre that you dont really need.

Lotus Elise
ot seen these for the Clio Sam but I will have another look, I'm guessing as with Porsche/BMW one's they are going to be a fair whack more than other brands although the car's I have driven with them fitted in the past they have really impressed!

205/50/15, Ginetta junior tyre. Fred has 16 in the workshop.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
205/50/15, Ginetta junior tyre. Fred has 16 in the workshop.

Did he get some of the wets too, when I bought the 205/50/15 ive got from a ginetta I got some michelin wets they run as well.
They are pretty epic if its really wet but as soon as it gets to just damp they fall apart. Probably last longer on the ginetta though as would imagine its a fair bit lighter!

I managed to collect 16 in a corsa c, the race team guy was quite surprised, lol

6ebe3b4d.jpg

5be67f8b.jpg