ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone live near Edinburgh - Bo'ness?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Hi guys,
I need a big favor, if you live near to the above place and are willing to look at a car for me then would you please PM me or fire me your phone number and i will give you a call.
I will of course cover any fuel costs and payment for your time.

Many thanks

Scott.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Bo'ness is only about 10 minutes down the road from me mate. Don't mind going and taking a look for you, but I'll be working all week so would struggle to be able to go see it in daylight

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Im in west lothian along with a few others and we are also around 10/15misn away if that from bo'ness

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
You're a week too soon for me but if you still need someone a week tomorrow I'm off all that week and generally know my way round a car!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Im in west lothian along with a few others and we are also around 10/15misn away if that from bo'ness

Stuart is willing to view the car for me, however the car is a Volvo 850 T5. http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C554392#

I could do with someone who has a bit a knowledge as i don't want to be booking flights to collect a dog.
The owner is about on Friday, i have a list of things to look for on these but i don't know if Stuart will be out of his depth with this car?

Thanks guys

Scott.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Viewed and walked from a white saloon t5 before but can't do Friday. Soonest would be a week Monday. Depending on if you get it and when you fly up it would be no bother to take you to collect though. Bo'ness is a pain in the hoop to get to by public transport. (I guess!)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If you come up for it Scott you're more than welcome to PM me for a lift to get it.

I'll fire you my number if need be. In regards to the car probably best someone with sound mechanical knowledge looks at it like John/ Dave etc.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
i don't know if Stuart will be out of his depth with this car?

I might be a little lol.

I don't mind going and having a look around the car. It's a well documented example so shouldn't be much to look out for in theory. There's buyers guides online I've found too, but if someone else was able to go who had a bit more knowledge about these cars than I do I wouldn't be at all offended if you wanted them to go instead Scott.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I could take 2 mechanics with me if needed but you would prob be looking at Saturday afternoon before I could look at it as I don't want to be looking at it in the dark in the evening

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
If you come up for it Scott you're more than welcome to PM me for a lift to get it.

I'll fire you my number if need be. In regards to the car probably best someone with sound mechanical knowledge looks at it like John/ Dave etc.

You are a legend mate, if i come up then im hoping to do it next weekend (sunday 23rd would be best) ive told the seller that Stuart will be popping along so for now ill leave things as they are.
Mechanically the car should be spot on having been serviced by Volvo, its rust i worry about and im sure that Stu will be able to see if it is rusty.

Thank you mate you're a star.

I could take 2 mechanics with me if needed but you would prob be looking at Saturday afternoon before I could look at it as I don't want to be looking at it in the dark in the evening

Thank you for the offer mate.