ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone know this 197?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Not a good buy in my opinion.

No history for the first 4 years of its life, belts are 2+years over due. As long as you are prepared to spend £1k+ on it as soon as you buy it then you'll be ok.

Better out there to be honest.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
1k+ is maybe a little OTT - £500 on a cambelt yes. Doesnt really matter how overdue the belt is, its only overdue when they break! Without a doubt its 1st thing on list tho. I has receipts for recent service items, and all MoTs back up mileage. Not bad for a 8yr old car IMO.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
1k+ is maybe a little OTT - £500 on a cambelt yes. Doesnt really matter how overdue the belt is, its only overdue when they break! Without a doubt its 1st thing on list tho. I has receipts for recent service items, and all MoTs back up mileage. Not bad for a 8yr old car IMO.

I'll 100% guarantee it will need more than just the belts. On that mileage the bottom ball joints will be getting ready (£200 at the lowest, £700 at Renault prices) Top engine stabiliser will be worn (£50+) front brakes will be in desperate need of stripping and cleaning (free if you can do it, maybe £100 at a garage). If they haven't been bothered to get the belts done, what else has been missed?

+ wheel refurb (£200 at least), plus some decent tyres (£350-£400)

I actually think my £1k estimate was on the low side!

Last edited: