ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know much about megane coupe ide's?

172 cup
the car in question is a 2001 megane coupe 2.0 ide dynamique +

bare with me on this one people . . . .

now i know these engines are supposidly a bit of a nightmare but here it goes. Was missing under load and struggling to idle at times, engine light and other orange light on (electrical) so off I went to get a coil pack. Changed it over and it now dosn't start . . . . tried the old one again and again it wont fire. Cranks on both but wont fire. Tried re-setting the ecu via battery disconnect for 1 hour and still the same . . . where do i go from here?

172 cup
didnt think id get much responce, they seem to be a engine that no-one wants to point the finger at anything

172 cup
been on rs tuner diags, wasn't exactly clear though. This was before change of coil though, need to hook it up again. Id there a tabel/chart anywhere that explains more in depth what the codes mean?

172 cup
already read it and it isnt exactly helpful, basicly lists every possible thing that could be wrong not pointing the problem at anything exact

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
silly question got the leads on right? im sure there is something to do with the connecting plugs to the coil pack on these might be worth checking. these engines are poor. if it spins over id do a compression check. also check the tdc sensor as well.

172 cup
rit5e well its alive again, its just a pig to start from cold. Missfire cured with coil pack but now when its warm it almost stalls every now and again on idle. If i disconnect the throttle position sensor this stops happening.

Have replaced the idle control valve and the throttle position sensor for it to make no differance

anyone any idea what the throttle position sensor gives an input too? i.e what does it control

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
yep fuel pressure reg's are a common fault....

ide's are awful engines tbh! best to steer well clear. Try get it on a diagnostics machine though. Sometimes they suffer with egr faults too.

172 cup
funnerly enough its a bit late to stay well clear . . .

egr valve is fine too, cleaned out and re-fitted. Any idea where abouts the fuel pressure regulator is hidding, that did cross my mind but just seems weird for it to run and fuel fine otherwise.

As for diagnostics i've had it on rs tuner, which is as good as it gets without spending thousands. No mention of fuel pressure regulator problem

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
if your finding yourself, spending alot of money on parts and getting nothing from it why not bite the bullet and take it to renault to have it diagnosed. we charge 83.95 and if you have the work done with us you don't pay the diag charge just the part and labour cost.

worth a shot instead of guessing.