ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone know how to remove window tint

Milltek'd clio 182
lol i just saw the guide a couple of hours seems alot of hard labour, so im now opting for the professionals to come along and remove it for 50 quid

1.2 Dynamique
There's loads of guides if you type it into google and even on youtube...give it a try yourself first and you could save yourself 50 quid!

Milltek'd clio 182
because you can damage the heat strips if not careful and if you know what im like then your understand im a man with no patience lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I tried to do Ian's V6 ones! Never again!

The tint is easy! The residue is not!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Tardis, thinners, a f**king atomic bomb couldn't remove that stuff! Nightmare!

Milltek'd clio 182
depends how long have you had your tints and also i used a hair dryer and picked a corner and i had taken off the bck window and one of the side windows in 15 minutes, i thought i would be clever to start with and just rip one window tint straight off then it tool 3 hours to scrape it all off. If your planning on trying then i dont mind helping you out, but 60 quid to remove them is still crazy

172cup
so if you pull it slowly it should leave much residue?? so your heat stripes are in working order :D ?
dunno why but i was justifying that 60 quid cos i thought it was a real pain.
itd be nice to get some help but i need to buy an hairdryer :( first

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It won't matter mate it'll always leave residue. It's how you remove the residue that's the hard or easy part.

Hairdyer + Time + Electricity = Nearly £60!

172cup
It won't matter mate it'll always leave residue. It's how you remove the residue that's the hard or easy part.

True, just thought it might come off easily if heated up sufficiently, that would be a reasonable time-money saving.

Milltek'd clio 182

no seriously it took 15 minutes to take the side passenger and rear back window off and had left no residue what so ever :cool:

Milltek'd clio 182
haha legend, thanks buddddy. So whats the plan of action? removing yourself or splashing out 60 quid, an be aware that the people who remove the tint will also not garuntee that they wont damage your heat strips on the back window