ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone in Kent/Canterbury want to earn some beer tokens - misfire

04BGFF182CLIORS
My 182 has developed an intermitnent misfire on cylinder 1. It

Coilpack seems fine, plugs seem ok, and leads seem ok.

The only thing left to check is the injectors...

Is anyone handy to take a look for me in exchange for some beer tokens? Any time tomorrow/weekend!

​Train to work for me next week :mad:

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
TDC sensor?

Pro test the injectors, remove them, turn the rail upside down and turn the car over. You should see them fire. Obviously don't do it for long as you will cover everything in petrol.

04BGFF182CLIORS
TDC Sensor was on the list of possible problems!

My dad is going to come over again tonight from sussex (same as last night) with some more tools to test the injectors. I dont know if its worth me picking up some new HT leads aswell just for the sake of it, can't hurt replacing them!

Really need to get this fixed over the weekend as my work is a 30 minute walk from the train station :(

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
push bike?

That's my current method (although tbf I'm 300 metres from train station at my end, and 5 minute cycle at the other)

Where in Canterbury?

04BGFF182CLIORS
Think that will be the option, Bike to station and then bike from Lenham station to work! Hello 6am wake ups!

On New Dover Road buddy, picking up a new injector this afternoon as im hoping that is the issue, then gotta hope my dad can make it over to me this weekend to swap them!

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Fair cop, I'd offer a hand but I'm away working just outside Farnham this weekend (puts me 21 days straight without a day off!)
Little bit of a trek to either Station in Canterbury really then.

04BGFF182CLIORS
Fair cop, I'd offer a hand but I'm away working just outside Farnham this weekend (puts me 21 days straight without a day off!)
Little bit of a trek to either Station in Canterbury really then.

No worries buddy, ive just been and grabbed a new injector from GSF, will get it swapped over tomorrow and fingers crossed it will solve the issue...if not I better pump up my bike tyres!

Lenham station?? Where do you work?

I work on the Marley site, by the petrol station on the corner. Think ive seen you a few times?

E36 328i
Possibly mate, I head out to Lenham for a hoon sometimes. Is that the huge place that's lit up like a christmas tree?

04BGFF182CLIORS
Its on the right hand side as you pass the petrol station towards Harriestsham - think it is a pretty big site and Its pretty well lit!

04BGFF182CLIORS
Thanks bud - had the injectors off today and tested them all, all seem OK - did have a new one just in case but doesnt look like ill need it. Next thing to swap is HT leads and spark plugs!

When you say plugs seem ok? There's no cracking on then is there? Have you tried scanning the car for fault codes to see if that might give you an idea of where to start looking before you replace more parts that aren't needed

04BGFF182CLIORS
Well if you wanna try swapping bite over from mine to save keep buying New can do that

Actually buddy, might be worth a go - where abouts are you? Are they on your car or do you have one spare?

When you say plugs seem ok? There's no cracking on then is there? Have you tried scanning the car for fault codes to see if that might give you an idea of where to start looking before you replace more parts that aren't needed

A couple of the plugs had some slight moisture, but nothing I would consider too drastic - all intact and cleaned them up before they went back in.

Car has only brought up a code once - P0301 - misfire on cylinder 1. It wont bring up anything else even though it is misfiring 99% of the time now.

Sometimes when it is running it suddenly come back to life on all 4 for a 30 seconds or so?!

04BGFF182CLIORS
I havn't, but it wont bring up any codes now at all - a couple of days ago the emissions light flashed logging the P0301 code, but even now you can unplug leads/remove injectors etc and its not logging a single fault code.

It is only a £40 ODB scanner, but im not getting any lights at all, so not sure if a better ODB would show anything either?

You don't need a scanner to find out which cylinder is misfiring. If its missing on no1 when you unplug the ht lead on or injector on no1 isn't shouldn't make a difference to how the engine I running but if you unplug either on a good cylinder the engine should start to die so you can see if the fault move cylinder with the leads n from there you can then see I it's a coil pack fault to. Seen online that that fault code could even be a lambs sensor as well

04BGFF182CLIORS
Unplugging any injector didn't appear to make any difference, the engine was misfiring in the same way which was confusing.

My dad pulled each of the leads off of the coilpack to check for a good spark and they all seemed good, but maybe we need to fully remove the lead from the coilpack to give a complete loss of current.

When its running properly (which every now and then it decides its going to) it is spot on, which leads me to believe its nothing too terminal and should ​be a simple(ish) fix?

04BGFF182CLIORS
As far as I know it had new ones a couple of years back, but worth checking I guess.

Can I swap the front one for the rear and see if it makes a difference?

04BGFF182CLIORS
ah :dapprove:

I think I will bite the bullet and get new leads + plugs anway as they look like originals, so after 10 years/70k they would benefit from a change anyway.

TDC sensor could still be the culprit, I clean it up as it was pretty dirty, but could still be dud!

04BGFF182CLIORS
£7? More like £14! They were on my to-do list this year anyway.

Im still toying with putting in the new injector to see if it solves it, but unsure if GSF will take it back if it doesnt!

we use GSF at work they wont take it back if its been used swap the injectors about to see if the fault moves again £7+ vat is my dealer price i work for renault trucks in dargate so get fairly good discount o car parts