ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone ID this twin exhaust set up?

Hi all - new poster here that is off to look at a 172 tonight. Looking for something unmodified but understand that exhausts have long been changed on these cars due to the original design/rot.

However, the one I'm viewing has an unusual twin backbox set up, looks nicely done with the rear bumper altered but pipes too far apart to be the bumper off of a 182 I believe?

So, in short - anyone recognise the system from the picture and if so, any idea how loud it's likely to be?
bumper_zpsuxibmtgc.jpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Hi and welcome.

It's just a dodgy looking aftermarket system.

You're right, it's not a 182 rear bumper.

And going by the styling, I bet it's going to be loud. (Whoever thinks it's cool to put a twin oval exhaust on a clio must think it's cool to have a loud, boomy noise coming from it)

Hmmm, that was my worry. If it needs replacing not quite sure how that would work with the altered rear bumper.
Well, lets see how it sounds and work from there then. Thanks for the quick response! Just come from a similar design on an older 911 and that system was actually too quiet, however hoping for the same here as just want a fun car for work and back that won't deafen me in the process... :confused:
Thanks for the welcome. :up:

RB Clio 182
I would get a single exit exhaust and a 2nd hand 172 bumper with no cut outs if you buy that mate, unless you get a nice recessed one.

That looks very aftermarket, boy racerish , I would look elsewhere mate.